1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding a forum may hurt SEO Traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by onlineblogger, Nov 11, 2015.

I have a WordPress blog(blogging and technology niche) with 10,000 monthly SEO traffic(95% from Google).

I have decided to add forum using bbPress to that blog(mydomainname.com/forum). I can't maintain a high quality content on forum. Yes, I can remove spam posts. But still their may be lots of thin low quality content on forum.

So it can hurt SEO traffic? Will it lose current SEO traffic also?

onlineblogger, Nov 11, 2015 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Inclusion of forum page within a site will not hurt your SEO. This page will attract more visitors to your site because most of the visitors prefer active online community in the site.

KylieSweet, Nov 11, 2015 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Anything to promote discussion is a good thing. A lot of new visitors will discover your site through the forum if it gets popular. Just make sure you properly manage the community.

dcristo, Nov 11, 2015 IP
  4. pqc-service

pqc-service Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think, that even if something goes wrong, then it is only the first time

pqc-service, Nov 12, 2015 IP
  5. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    when good discussions really get going and new information is discovered or revealed then other people, especially bloggers or people on other forums will link to it naturally. These organic links will really begin to add up and create much greater domain authority for your site.

karen9999, Nov 12, 2015 IP
  6. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    It won't hurt you. Forums have thin content in nature. Google knows that. You need to make forum spam free. Forum helps user experience and it attracts more traffic. So forum may help your SEO.

LinkGenie, Nov 19, 2015 IP