1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding a blog to your ecommerce site?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Tbloom, Mar 16, 2015.

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of improving the blog of an existing ecommerce site. The existing blog is running on wordpress and I would like to keep this way as this is how the staff are trained in posting. However, I'm trying to integrate the blog better with the ecommerce site itself, mainly by introducing more clever ways of integrating products in blog posts. However, it seems that most product integration plugins for Wordpress are only for external ecommerce hosts such as Woocommerce or Shopify, but the site I am working with self-hosts all its own products.

It seems that most ecommerce blog templates on Wordpress are also aimed at external hosts such as Woocommerce. Has anyone else gone through this problem? Would be interested to know how you overcame it or if you found any plugins that worked with external products rather than ones hosted within the same template (the ecommerce site itself is not be on wordpress).

I really like how asos integrates their blog into their site. I'm not sure if they are using Wordpress or whether they have created their own system - anyone know? Their 'shop the story' product carousel is the exact kind of plugin I'm looking for:

http://www.asos.com/women/fashion-news/2015_03_13-fri/having-a-moment-dungarees/?CTARef=ED|WW|dest|list||0313Thre#next

Am I just chasing something that doesn't exist and should all be coded from fresh? Would be interested in seeing if anyone else has integrated a wordpress blog into an ecommerce site with its own crm system.

Tbloom, Mar 16, 2015 IP
  2. ChristopherCarman

ChristopherCarman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you have to contact with your hosting provider. Or it will be interesting, if anyone has integrated a wordpress blog into an ecommerce site with its own crm system.

ChristopherCarman, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  3. AndrewRxP

AndrewRxP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blog on your website will help you to boost traffic. It's a good idea!

AndrewRxP, Mar 20, 2015 IP