1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Add info to row of table Data

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Warwick Lyons, Mar 7, 2013.

I have a table wp_lb_family_group which has the following columns id, person_id, sibling_id, father_id, mother_id, family_id
    Currently when a new family is created the person_id and family_id are automatically entered into the table successfully.
    However at a later stage when a new family member is created I wish to enter their person_id as a sibling, father or mother in the sibling_id, father_id, mother_id columns of this table.
    This is where I have hit a brick wall
    (I am only trying to place the father_id at this stage. I have not added any code to determine whether the person is the mother, father or sibling. I will do this once I know how to put the info into the table)
    The code I have at this stage is:

<?php require_once('../../../wp-config.php'); // Get values from form $person=$_POST['person']; $family_type=$_POST['family_type']; $id=$_POST['id']; $first_name=$_POST['first_name']; $family_name=$_POST['family_name']; $date_of_birth=$_POST['date_of_birth']; $date_of_death=$_POST['date_of_death']; ?> <!--I am only echoing the following variables to ensure they have been passed succesfuly. This will be removed at a later date--> <?php echo $person;?> <br /> <?php echo $family_type;?> <br /> <?php echo $id;?> <br /> <?php echo $first_name;?> <br /> <?php echo $family_name;?> <br /> <?php echo $date_of_birth;?> <br /> <?php echo $date_of_death;?> <?php global $wpdb; $table_name = $wpdb->prefix . "lb_person"; $wpdb->insert($table_name,array('first_name'=>$_POST['first_name'], 'family_name'=>$_POST['family_name'], 'date_of_birth'=>$_POST['date_of_birth'], 'date_of_death'=>$_POST['date_of_death'])); $strSql = 'select last_insert_id() as lastId'; $result = mysql_query($strSql); while($row = @mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){ $lastid = $row['lastId']; } $family_id = $wpdb->get_var( "SELECT family_id FROM wp_lb_family_group" ); <!--I am only echoing the following variables to ensure they have been passed succesffuly. This will be removed at a later date--> echo "<p>Family ID{$family_id }</p>"; $table_name = $wpdb->prefix . "lb_family_group"; $wpdb->insert($table_name,array('person_id'=>$lastid, 'family_id'=>$family_id));

Up to here everything works successfully.
    The information is added to the lb_person table and the person_id and family_id are added to the lb_family_group table.
    It is when I try to add the new family member to the father_id column that I am having problems.
    I have tried the code with no effect:

$wpdb->update( $table_name, array( 'father_id' => $lastid), array( 'person_id' => $id), array( '%d'), array( '%d' )); ?>

Any assistance would be appreciated

Warwick Lyons, Mar 7, 2013 IP