1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Add content to your website without having to do it manually

Discussion in 'Programming' started by LTMeruem, Jul 16, 2018.

Hello I'm working on a project for a website.

Now what the project includes is that a person can offer his service through a form on the website which he submits after filling it out. An admin should get a message through mail or something else In which he can approve or deny the request.
    If he approves the requester's service it should automatically be added to the website with the information given in the form in a pre chosen way.

Now my question Is how is it done?
    SEMrush

LTMeruem, Jul 16, 2018 IP
    SEMrush
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    On the most basic level what you describe is a comment system where a moderator has to approve the comment before it goes live on the site.

Reading between the lines I'm guessing you're a complete newbie so the next thing to consider is how much effort you want to put into this. Do you want to learn how to code so that you can create your own complex site or do you just need to get the site running asap?

If it's the latter I'd recommend getting WordPress and look for a classifieds plugin.

sarahk, Jul 16, 2018 IP
  3. Cameron Fillers

Cameron Fillers Member

Best Answers:
    If you build the site in Drupal, you can build a webform fairly easily that has all that fields that are required. Using a module like Workflow, you can have any submissions from the original form to be converted to a node, and put into the unpublished state, and use an event to send you an e-mail with a link to the new node. You can then login, review the content, and if approved, published the node on the site and make it live.

Once you have this workflow setup, you can provide limitations, like only allowing logged in users to submit content, and direct them to login if they attempt to create content without being logged in first.

From my experience, using Drupal would probably be the simplest and quickest way to getting that information up and running. If you do not want the end site to be Drupal, you could use Drupal to build the content, and then make an RSS feed accessible, and use another CMS like Wordpress auto pull articles from the RSS feed.

Cameron Fillers, Jul 27, 2018 IP