1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdCenter vs AdWords

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by Maryzz, Sep 8, 2008.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Peon

Best Answers:
    Adcenter does work and it does convert well, less traffic but people willing to spend. As far a your Niche you simply have to test it.

SoCalDude, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  2. digga121

digga121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far as conversions, I personally have been having more luck with adcenter.

digga121, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  3. ashisharora_83

ashisharora_83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords' functionality is good but when it comes to conversion, MSN always gives me better conversion than Adwords. MSN given more quality traffic than google.

ashisharora_83, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  4. keyurrules

keyurrules Peon

Best Answers:
    ofcourse...adwords is the best!

keyurrules, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  5. YSeo

YSeo Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say adwords. Most people use google as their favorite search engine. You would get much more traffic with Adwords.

YSeo, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  6. busweb

busweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I think AdWords is better than AdCenter. For my sites it were. Not sure if it is the same for yours.

busweb, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  7. alfredlee

alfredlee Peon

Best Answers:
    AdWords is better, i think.

alfredlee, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  8. Talk-Here

Talk-Here Banned

Best Answers:
    I had no joy from adwords but i think am gonna give adcenter a shot

Talk-Here, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  9. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    been speaking to a guy who works at adcenter over the last few days, they are still pretty much in beta mode and have quite a lot of bugs - fair enough you might think, but he told me they've been working on it for two years now - that's really too long if it is anywhere near a priority for them.

Personal opinion - adwords has more traffic and will make you more money if you get it right (although it could also cost you more money if you get it wrong due to the high traffic levels).
    Adcentre is full of bugs, VERY slow, has nowhere near the traffic that the adwords bring in (talking about less than 10% in most of my campaigns); BUT the conversion rates and CTRs are much higher than adwords (although not enough to overcome the low traffic levels) and the customer service is much much better than adwords.

Conclusion: do both, but concentrate on adwords (or you'll end up getting really frustrated with adcentre)

JHardy_WV, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  10. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

Best Answers:
    Lower traffic, fine. But isn't there a lot less competition on adcenter then adwords? If your paying almost nothing for what would be a $3 click on adwords I could see that as being one huge advantage.

Kevin Smith, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  11. muchacho79

muchacho79 Active Member

Best Answers:

I agree .. and JHardy, can you, or someone please try and get it into their heads that they need to allow us to be able to select a 'from' and 'to' date when in our adgroups? This is so if we start a 'split test' we can select from X to Y and see how the ads and keyword(s) have performed.

This is one of the reasons why MSN is so far down compared to Google - they don't do the down right obvious no brainer things.

I could improve MSN 500% if they simply asked me to error test and tell them what they are missing. Yet they can't see obvious things that they miss.

muchacho79, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  12. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    [/quote]Lower traffic, fine. But isn't there a lot less competition on adcenter then adwords? If your paying almost nothing for what would be a $3 click on adwords I could see that as being one huge advantage.[/quote]

@Kevin Smith - this is definitely true, but it's all well and good to be paying a lot less for a click and getting more conversions from it - but as far as being able to properly scale the business upwards can't be really done on ad centre with the low traffic levels - there's simply not enough people searching to make 'big' business

[/quote]I agree .. and JHardy, can you, or someone please try and get it into their heads that they need to allow us to be able to select a 'from' and 'to' date when in our adgroups? This is so if we start a 'split test' we can select from X to Y and see how the ads and keyword(s) have performed.[/quote]

@muchacho79 - this is one of the things I brought up with the guy last week - he said he's forwarded the suggestion to the development team (although I suspect that if both you and I want the same thing then they've heard this many times before and have been very slow to act). My opinion is that for some reason Microsoft just aren't putting anywhere near as much development time into Adcenter as it actually needs - customer service is really good though

JHardy_WV, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  13. InternetBomb

InternetBomb Peon

Best Answers:
    In my view, Adwords is heavily oversold. People are paying $3 per click and they are happy as they are still making some money out of it, but this margin is continuously decreasing and getting wider for google.

No experience with Adcenter so far, but seriously looking for a good adwords alternative.

InternetBomb, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  14. studyjava.org

studyjava.org Peon

Best Answers:
    iam using adwords only right now

iam thinking about adcenter too

studyjava.org, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  15. SaveFewBucks

SaveFewBucks Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense is much better than adwords

SaveFewBucks, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  16. JAZD Markets

JAZD Markets Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to look at the traffic MSN gets is to just cut what google gets into 20 little pieces and msn gets about one of them. Yahoo being the number 2 search engine doesnt even get that much.

JAZD Markets, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  17. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just started using adcenter now.. its hard to get used to the interface

ChrisBa, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  18. dartman49

dartman49 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would go with adwords because I have better success with them.

dartman49, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  19. 360clicks

360clicks Peon

Best Answers:
    adwords much better if u target niche keywords.

360clicks, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  20. webmillionz

webmillionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords will beat any competitor hands down, at least for now. But, I guess the keywords may be more expensive on Adwords.

webmillionz, Apr 3, 2009 IP