1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adcenter - Is It Possible To Copy my exixting Ad Group & create an identical Ag Group

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by herok, Nov 14, 2010.

I am an Ex Yahoo SEM user and migrated to Adcenter 10 days ago.
    I checked Help doc of AdCenter,but I could not find answers.

1. How To Copy my existing Ad Group and create an identical Ad Group with the same setting,ad copy and keywords
    screen "campaign Selected"
    Click "Create an ad group"

screen "Create an ad group"
    Tick "Copy an existing ad group"

An additional space appears
    It says "Select an ad group whose settings and targeting options you want to use. Optionally, you can also copy its keywords and ads."

Supposedly all ad groups should appear in this space and I should be able to select one to copy.
    I clicked "Nightwish",which is my account name,but nothing happens.

Could someone please tell me how to copy?

2. If item 1 above is not available, How to Copy all keywords from Existing Ad Group and transfer them into Existing adgroup
    I do not mean copy keywords and paste manually.

Both item 1 and 2 are not available? and I have to do all one by one manually?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    herok, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  2. ctrlinternet

ctrlinternet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The easiest way would be to export everything to excel and then import everything to Microsoft adCenter Desktop (Beta). You may download it from here http://advertising.microsoft.com/ support-center/ adcenter-downloads/ adcenter-desktop

ctrlinternet, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  3. herok

herok Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply.

"File Not Found" message came up for the link.

I typed in "Adgroup copy",but no search result in Adcenter support site.

In refernce to your suggestion of Export,there is a faciity "Export keywords for a specific adgroup".
    It seems that I can export and import ONLY keywords.

But I do not understand why "Copy an existing ad group" exist,though it does not function!!!!

herok, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  4. miken101

miken101 Guest

Best Answers:
    herok this may sound silly but did you click the little carrot next to your campaigns name? this produces a drop down menu and from there you should be able to see your campaigns in that account..drop it down again and you'll see your adgroups. From here you should be able to selcet the one that you would like.

miken101, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  5. herok

herok Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your post.
    Could you please tell me in which page I can find "the little carrot"?
    Once I find it CAN I COPY ADGROUPS?

herok, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  6. miken101

miken101 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi herok, sure i'll just give you steps starting from the beginning on how to get there. Some of which you might know already but just for reference.

1. go to your campaigns tab which should be up at the top of your adcenter home screen.
    2. Once inside, click on your campaign and then your ad group, and then select create adgroup tab.
    3. Once inside click on copy an existing adgroup box and this should pull up your account
    4. Next to your account name, in that same box, directly to its left, there is what looks to be an arrow, it can be pretty small. Click on that arrow and it will open up to view your campaign, click it once again from there and it will display your adgroups in your campaign. From here you should be able to select the one you want and check the box that says copy all ads and all keywords. Once you do this you will have a duplicate of that adgroup and all its information.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    miken101, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  7. herok

herok Guest

Best Answers:
    Dear miken101
    I really appreciated that you took time to guide me through step by step.
    THE TINY TRIANGLE is the key,isn't it?
    As you can see in the screen shot in my original post ,I kept clicking hyperlincked "Nisghtwish" which is my account name.
    And nothing happened.
    I did not take notice of the triangle as it is too tiny and there is no instructions by Adcenter to click.
    I now created an Adgroup copy and it is working.
    It is really a time saving.
    Have A Happy New Year!!!

herok, Jan 13, 2011 IP