1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

adCenter... Budget Pause?

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by hanji, Oct 29, 2006.

Hello

I was lucky enough to pick up a $50 coupon, and I thought I'd give adCenter a try. I created one campaign with two orders. I set a budget of $40.00, but all of a sudden my balance is at $7.77... and I see Budget Pause in my status. I have the following checked:

[x] Spend budget until depleted

Any ideas? I'm new to PPC campaigns in general.

Thanks!
    hanji

hanji, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  2. andyem

andyem Peon

Best Answers:
    It means your order is paused (not running) click resume order and your ads will start re-appearing.

andyem, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  3. pyles

pyles Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah mine did that too, I was quite confused. Not impressed with the UI of AdCenter one bit.

pyles, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  4. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that Budget Pause came on automatically, even though you instructed the system to keep serving ads until your account was depleted?

If you inadvertently checked Budget Pause somewhere along the way, then like andyem says, you just unchecked it. But if AdCenter somehow kicked in Budget Pause, then that's a problem.

flip, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am confused too. If you budget is $40.00 and it says you have $7.77 left and it is paused, well isn't that what you wanted?

I don't normally check during the day, so I don't know what mine says if I ever met my budget. Regardless, simple math tells me $50.00-$40.00 = $10.00 and you have 7.77 left, you are overbudget.

Seems to be working exactly as it should be.

aeiouy, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  6. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, hanji, proof that you're not going crazy:
    tonight i logged on and found one of my campaigns was Budget Paused. Huh? I hadn't done it, and I had only spend about 2% of my alloted monthly budget, so I know it hadn't kicked in automatically. Wierd... It did it all by itself.

flip, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  7. PreZ

PreZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had 2 of my campaigns get paused

This is very strange. As of right now I cant update my bids its giving me a weird error about decimal points

PreZ, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  8. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny.. I started up adcenter again... and again I had one of my campaigns pause. So I found my original thread.

I had a $10.00 test campaign, which .21 was spent this evening. Later on I came back and noticed it was 'budget paused'.. deja vu. I re-enabled it.. again, I don't see why this is doing it.

AdCenter pretty much sucks.. but seems like people have good success with it, and that's the only reason I'm trying it .. again.

hanji

hanji, May 22, 2007 IP
  9. BtoC

BtoC Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to get the vouchers too..........

BtoC, May 24, 2007 IP
  10. jared

jared Peon

Best Answers:
    I also had this happen to me... :\

On a side note, how long does it typically take your ad to start showing up after it gets "approved". I've been approved but I have yet to be able to locate one of mine :(

/me scratches head...

jared, May 24, 2007 IP
  11. brillman

brillman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Longer than Google AdWords in my experience.

brillman, May 24, 2007 IP
  12. Keith Thompson

Keith Thompson Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience EVERYTHING about adcenter is more time-consuming and infuriating. I constantly get emails from them telling me I need to adjust my keywords, etc, and when I finally get the interface to open the account, there's nothing amisss as far as I can see. Talked to a very nice girl in their support who said that they've "probably just not caught up with things yet."

MSN adcenter is very much a work in progress. Be careful of your adspend.

Keith Thompson, May 25, 2007 IP
  13. kirby009

kirby009 Peon

Best Answers:
    where did you get the coupon

kirby009, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  14. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    TatiAnA, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  15. nextgen66

nextgen66 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The budget pauses are calculated very wierdly. If I do a test and set a budget of 20 or 30 dollars it will 'budget pause' after 2 or 3 dollars.

The only way around it is to set fairly high budgets - about 5 times what you really want to spend.

nextgen66, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  16. sumiruna

sumiruna Peon

Best Answers:
    I too received the mysterious "budget pause" on one of our top campaigns, even though only 20% of the budget was spent.

I attempted to unpause both my campaigns and my ad groups, but got a message saying that they were all currently active.

I called MSN adcenter and the support guy was unable to tell me what the problem was, nor tell me how to switch it back on.

MSN Adcenter - you are broken! :mad:

sumiruna, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  17. dapyx

dapyx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There are some strange things going on over there...
    For example I had my billing on the status: Credit Hold.. but my ads were still running, the only thing was that I couldnt modify any of the ads or keywords....

But as long as the ROI remains positive you can't complain.

dapyx, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  18. jackapple

jackapple Peon

Best Answers:
    "Budget pause" is not a pause, for me it reset (maybe at the start of a month I don't know) and $90 got charged to my credit card. I saw budget pause and assumed it was on pause, I didn't want to spend advertising dollars, my site isn't even ready yet.

I'm going to see if she can reverse the charges I don't think she will, has anyone run into this problem? I think it's manipulative to have a budget pause that is not a pause.

jackapple, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  19. ckweb

ckweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's up to you to keep your campaign paused. If it ran, its ultimately going to be your fault. If they just put $90 into your account, you can get it back no problem by calling them as long as you haven't spent it on clicks. :)

ckweb, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  20. jackapple

jackapple Peon

Best Answers:
    I logged in and it was "budget paused", which reset itself without me turning it back on, maybe at the first of the month or so.
    If anyone has gotten out of these charges please let me know how you did it..! It ran over $100 when I had set it on budget pause. The woman claimed she explained this to me but we had very few e-mails, she won't refund it.

jackapple, Mar 22, 2010 IP