1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adblocker Vs Adblocker Blockers "War"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SpacePhoenix, Jan 8, 2017.

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, I couldn't decide which forum to post it in as it would probably be equally suitable for a number of forums.

I've noticed in recent weeks an increase in the number of websites blocking users from viewing them if they're using Adblockers. Why are they doing that? From an end user's point of view:

1. Ad Relevance: Probably about 99% of ads that I see when not using an adblocker are of no interest to me.
    2. Number of ads per page/locations: I started using adblockers because some sites take the piss in the extreme as to how many ads they have on a page, trying to jam them in wherever they can.
    3. Size of ads: When viewing sites on my mobile, it's not unusual for an ad to appear that takes up the entire screen. If I could find an adblocker that I could use on my mobile I'd probably use it.
    4. Site loading times: On a number of sites I've noticed that when I block ads it gives a major increase in performance of a site, with all pages loading a lot quicker. It seems like many sites now use too much javascript (just look at the blockable items list for many sites) - but that's probably best saved for another thread.
    5. "Browser hijacking": The times that I've been redirected to another site when not using an adblocker, it gets annoying.
    6. Distracting: Sometimes ads can be distracting
    What's everyone else's thoughts on the use of adblockers and adblocker-blockers from an end user's point of view and/or a site owner's point of view?

SpacePhoenix, Jan 8, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Ad Relevance is a silly thing, really. Just the other day I briefly checked out some art related site and then for 2 days my FB and a few other sites I went to were throwing art related ads. I wasn't interested in any of that. Obviously, I am referring to AS here, and honestly I liked the old AS better. After they switched to displaying relevant ads, the earnings went down pretty much for everybody.

Made to Display Ads: Almost any site that has too many third party ads (particularly text ads) looks cheap and useless. There are exceptions of course.

qwikad.com, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  3. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are only thinking as a end user of view.

As I publisher of at least 5 established site. I am doing my best to provide my user great information, buying writer to write quality, unique, helpful content, giving my whole time to build my website as much as user friendly, unique, loving, authority.

I am a married person, I have one baby girl which is 4 month old. I need to pay my Internet bill, Hosting bill, domain renewal fees, SSL fees.

Now just tell my why should I allow some one with adblocker to surf my website & get what information he/she want. Do they think, I don't need to eat, wear dress, give my family a best lifestyle.

Furquan Ahmed, Jan 9, 2017 IP