1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad Word Assistant - Brand-New AdWords Software Just Released!

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by mrjonman, Dec 13, 2004.

I've just completed a new software app that I think makes it a bit faster and easier to create and manage AdWords campaigns.

When I first started using AdWords over a year ago, I thought it was a real PITA to have to count how many characters I had typed while my mind was attempting to be in the "Zone" to try and create some killer ad copy. I mean, with 95 characters you gotta be pretty creative if you hope to attract any quality traffic, right?

Then I read about how important large keyword lists are. But what a chore it was to remove the "extra" info from an Overture list or a Wordtracker list. I mean, it wasn't like digging ditches or anything like that but I want to spend my time on productive things, not on cleansing a 200+ phrase keyword list.

And then I learned about "Phrase Match" keywords and [Exact Match] keywords. Sheesh, it's starting to take me way too much time on these critical but tedious tasks. So, being a programmer, I decided to write a little software application strictly to improve my own life and well-being a bit. Actually, the app was designed to strictly count characters at first (I guess I have a low tolerance for doing stuff that I don't like to do) and then it just started growing.

Now I can readily see exactly how many characters I've typed and how many are left to use. Really makes it easier to concentrate on the ad itself. And those Overture and Wordtracker lists? I can strip a 200 word list down to strictly keywords with one click of a button! And I can also add "quotes" and/or [brackets] to that same list with the click of a second button. Plus, the app does much more!

Anyway, I know that I'm starting to sound a bit too much like a late nite infomercial so I'm going to end my post by saying that my app is now "officially" on the market (see sig file for link) and that I invite anyone doing AdWords to download the free 30-Day Trial. Free can be good, yes?

If you try the app and like it, I sure would appreciate a testimonial that I could use on the site! And if you try the app and think it s**ks, I'd like to hear about that too. Constructive criticism and/or suggestions always welcome! ;)

Finally, I hope I'm not posting to the wrong forum (Shawn, please move me to the "Buy, Sell or Trade" forum if I am) but I thought that with the relevance of my app to an Adwords forum, it might be OK.

Thanks for your time. Now back to our regularly scheduled show, already in progress ......

mrjonman, Dec 13, 2004 IP