1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad Strategy

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by a389951l, Oct 5, 2004.

Just wondering how people are using the coop network. Since there are multiple strategies to take, which are you taking?
    • Focus on one site with one ad
    • Multiple ads for the home page
    • Multiple ads for multiple pages within a site
    • Others if you have more than one site...
    Me, I am using three ads for one site (site a) and two ads to get a newer site (site b) up in the index. Things are looking better but I wonder if I should focus some more. Keywords for site a (3 ads) now in the top 30 but not in the top 10 yet and site b has just shown up in keyword tracker :).

Hopefully people don't mind sharing what they are doing? And maybe some results?

a389951l, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  2. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    I'm using 4 ads for 1 site, 2 with my main keywords, and 2 with my secondary keywords...

thebassman, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  3. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    I think it is hard to go into a really fine level of detail on strategies because of a couple of factors:

1) Your weight and the competitiveness of the KWP you are going after will drive how you use the network.

2) Due to the obvious competivie nature of our business, I think everyone wants to help and share info ... but not to the point of putting their own income at risk!

General thoughts on strategies:

1) I have several sites in the network and am targeting ~30 KWPs.

2) I initially was going after highly competitive KWPs and went from 50+ in SERPs to less than 20 on all and top 10 on most. I reached positions 1-3 on several.

3) In the past couple of weeks I decided to use some of my inventory to go after secondary phrases that are only semi-comptetiive ... I have reached #1 position on 4 out of 5 of these secondary targets ... the 5th in mysteriously not in the SERPs at all.

4) I do use some of the positions to point to sites that really aren't ready/live but I just want to get them primed and through the sandbox period as early as I can.

Nitin M, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  4. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use multiple keywords, different pages in my sites and sites not (yet) in the co-op. Just a matter of what I want to promote and get good rankings on.

Most my ads are for home pages, but certainly not all, as I prefer to direct any traffic and backlinks to the page most relevant

stephfoster, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  5. rth

rth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any ideas on what to do with a weight of 7. :D

Seriously, at what minimum total weight would one expect to benefit from multiple keywords and/or pages?

Thanks,

Roger

rth, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, a "7" isn't huge of course... it would get you roughly 5 or so links across the network. It's a coop network, so it's all about you getting the equivalent of what you bring to the network. So if you have a very small site, it's not going to get you a ton of ad impressions. The more you bring to the network, the more you receive.

digitalpoint, Oct 5, 2004 IP