1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad Stabililty (ads rotate or stay the same?)

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Cecil, Sep 26, 2004.

Hi, Just wondering if the ads on this network once assigned to a particular site rotate or stay there for months on end?

In other words, if they rotate...the ads would give a benefit via clickthrough. But if they stay the same for months on end, then SE's would consider them among the backlinks of the targeted site.

Thanks for the info! (New to the forum and coop)

Cecil, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    do you mean do the ads on a particular PAGE change from one load to the next? if so, then yes, they do

even though the ads aren't "stable" (they don't "stick" on one page), they HAVE benefited a lot of us in the SERPs...

disgust, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  3. Cecil

Cecil Peon

Best Answers:
    how long do they stick on one page? I tried refreshing a few times and it doesn't seem to based off of impressions but rather timeline. Wouldn't the bots get a little dizzy trying to keep up with a rapidly changing dynamic set of links?

(Not trying to poke holes in your setup, just getting a feel for it. The idea seems real cool)

I guess it really doesn't matter so much where the ads are (whether Site A's ads are getting bounced between Site F-Z's ad space)...unless some kind of weighting is assigned to how long a text link is placed somewhere. However, I'd imagine that the key here is merely having the ads SOMEWHERE so that they get counted among the backlinks for Site A when cached pages are considered for backlinks. And if they bounce around a little from Sites F-Z, then their weighting may shift a bit due to quality of page hosting the link, but they'd still essentially count as a bunch of links...period.

Cecil, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  4. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    I believe they change daily.

If you look at the time-stamp on the ad_network_ads.txt file you will notice it is updated at about the same time each day.

nadlay, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The system will cache 100 ads at any one time (getting a new one and deleting the oldest every hour). Individually, the ads are random from that cache.

digitalpoint, Sep 28, 2004 IP