1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad publisher programs that cater to Tech sites?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Liminal, Feb 10, 2005.

Hello All,

The subject says it all. Are there any PPC or CPM networks that cater to Tech sites specifically? I tried signing up with burst, fastclick but just can't make a move of adding banners for screensavers, smilies, free ipods and other nonsense to my tech-related site.

Currently I use AdSense but would like to expand.

thanks for the pointers!
    James

Liminal, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  2. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can expand and fine tune your Adsense ads. I'd advise removing the border from the ads you have now and add in another Adsense ad. The larger box is one of the best. You might want to consider their image ads too.

You can also check out Commission Junction, it's mostly pay per lead or sale but they have large reputable clients that you can select to match your site.

tbarr60, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  3. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    tbarr60,

thanks a lot for your reply. i've tried different colors/no border on my adsense. It all ends up being approximately the same revenue while making the site a bit uglier, i think, than it is now. my adsense settings are to show either text ads or images. i am yet to see any images. Google just does not think my site will do better with images than it does with text, i guess. as far as large boxes, i think they would be too intrusive for my site's users.

i've tried cj as well. that was not successful at all.

Liminal, Feb 20, 2005 IP
  4. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a tech site. It's an informational site about spyware/adware and viruses. I have some good links to free programs that are quite useful. I am going to also get a tip of the day started sometime this week to give visitors a reason to come back and possibly set up an email list. I would be interested in a link exchange. I am a really new site so my PR sucks, but I feel like it will improve and good be a long-term mutually good deal for both of us. Let me know!

joshril, Feb 28, 2005 IP