1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad problems with my account

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by borgdrone7, Mar 26, 2014.

Hi,
    I was advertising on DP for years with success. However, after you redesigned the site admin, some time ago (not remember exactly when) ads stopped getting us any visitors. So I stopped advertising for some time thinking it was temporary glitch. Few days ago I put $50 as a test since I wanted to start advertising with you again. I watched stats and I got no single visitor from you and yet, $25 was subtracted from my account. Your site is taking me money and not getting me visitors. This is not first time, and last time I throw away $200 with 0 visitors. If you can not fix your software please refund me the money or fix my account and add ad credit.
    I have both Google analytic and Clicky stats and for $50 I got 3 visitors from DP, however CPC is raging from 0.75 to 2 so I should have gotten at least 25 visitors.
    This is pity since before DP had really good ROI, but after you changed admin, you either made some general bug or it is just some problem with my account.
    I would like to continue advertising if I get what is promised.

Thanks in advance.

borgdrone7, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I show you had 190 clicks in the last 5 days. You can see a summary of clicks here:
    https://advertising.digitalpoint.com/advertiser?action=reports

You can also see each and every click here:
    https://advertising.digitalpoint.com/advertiser?action=clicks

That will show the exact IP address (including the country it's in), the user agent, the page they were on when they clicked, etc.

If you want to send me your raw web logs or allow me access to your Google Analytics, I can try to help you figure out what's going on.

digitalpoint, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  3. borgdrone7

borgdrone7 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    In that case you have some bug related to referrer url or something like that. Believe me, for the past 15+ months I was getting at the same report on Clicky and always my referrer was DP whenever I pay for the ads, and it was exact (money I spend/CPC). However, now your report shows clicks but other stats (Clicky) do not show DP referrer. Also, DP report proves nothing except your good intentions, maybe you have some bug related to my account where report is generated and visitors not sent. I mean how can you explain that Clicky shows only 3 visitors from DP otherwise? Btw, Clicky works perfectly with all other referrers on all of our sites which we track with it for years. I can create clicky account access for you, so you can check, where do I send it?

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have no idea what Clicky is, so I can't tell you how they do or don't work.

Do you have access to your raw web logs or Google Analytics?

5. borgdrone7

borgdrone7 Member

Best Answers:
    if you google "getclicky" you will see what is it, it is one of the most reliable stats and is there for years. also, as i said same stats showed me correct results for years until you redesigned your ads admin. i really dont have time now to dig raw logs, as for GA I need to check with company since we have many other more important sites on the same account and I do not know how to open you access to that site only. i assure you there is a problem, until that is solved i will have to invest in ads elsewhere. not sure if you have time to solve this, however in its current state I wasted $250 and I will not try again.

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ya, you can give read only access to a single site in Google Analytics.

And yeah... If you aren't seeing any traffic on your end, clearly something is wrong, and we can help you figure out where the issue is. All I can see currently is our end, which shows traffic passing through.

7. borgdrone7

borgdrone7 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, as soon as I figure out how to do it I will send, where do I send the details?