1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad Network Results...

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by digitalpoint, Aug 20, 2004.

If anyone feels like posting any results (good or bad) they have seen as a result of the ad network, please do.

For me, I ran 3 "experiment" ads with no on-site optimization in the ad network (which I never ranked in the top 1,000 before for the keywords). The results of those are as follows: currently #1 for wire transfer, #3 for ikobo and #3 for westernunion.

I would even argue that better than #3 on those two key phrases is not possible since that is the company name, and the domain they use.

Also, out of the 20 key phrases I track for the site now, my worst ranking is #3. (It seems pretty much everything moved up). The best one being #2 and #3 for western union.

digitalpoint, Aug 20, 2004 IP
  2. rustybrick

rustybrick User ID 3

Best Answers:
    I am confident this network helps build a page's ranking for a desired keyword phrase.

I won't state my example, but I know that this ad network is the only source of keyword rich links to a single page. And that page, within 2 weeks, ranks number 20 for an very competitive term.

rustybrick, Aug 20, 2004 IP
  3. jontelofot

jontelofot Peon

Best Answers:
    I was bouncing between #19-25 for my main keyword for about a month. 4 days after joining I was at #6 and been solid there for a few days now :)

jontelofot, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  4. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish I could play too. :( But I use coldfusion. Sad....very sad....

dazzlindonna, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    It's working well for me. The test site I set up for for the network picked up 8 links with the last Bl update.

I don't rank for the term yet, but I didn't expect to right away. I imagine a I have relatively low weight in the program at this time but that will change as my primary forums continue to grow.

GuyFromChicago, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There probably is a way you can do it with cold fusion... Although I don't know how since I don't use it (I'm terribly helpful, eh?) heh

digitalpoint, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  7. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    I don't want to post exact search phrases or positions and I can't say I did any experiements where the ad netwrok is the ONLY thing I did, but ...

I have search terms I have been working on for a while and wasn't breaking into the top 10 ... I am in top 10 postions now for all. It definitely appears to be working.

I re-coded it in cold fusion but haven't made it live yet. I'll try to get to it this weekend and if shawn approves, can share with everyone here.

Nitin M, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  8. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh va realtor, that would be great. If I understood the PHP code better, I could recode it in CF too, but since the PHP code isn't 100% clear to me, I'm stuck. Would be mighty grateful to be able to participate.

dazzlindonna, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    --Edited upon Request--

T0PS3O, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  10. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Digitalpoint, when did you first start your experimental ads? i.e. how long before you saw results?

dazzlindonna, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  11. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    2 weeks I started to see movement in the serps that I could only assume was because of it.

digitalpoint, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  12. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at these results for my SEO Services page. I have done almost no promotion out side of the coop ads.

What I don't understand is the Pages in Site number, but the links, both Google and Yahoo have to be mainly coop ad links.

Attached Files:

• seo.jpg
      seo.jpg
      File size:
      20.7 KB
      Views:
    compar, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  13. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Yes, I must admit I've pulled a couple of places too. I won't state the search term, but I will state it's very competitive. It's definitely paid off (to the tune of some 2000+ backlinks).

Doesn't exactly corroborate the sandbox theory does it :)

john_loch, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  14. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive pulled two key top tens from it..

schlottke, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I am seeing a lot of inbound links from real estate sites.

Will.Spencer, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  16. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    yeah, I have checked out anchor positions on selected terms that are only used in the coop. We are close to the top on most of them.

chachi, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  17. jetta16

jetta16 Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been toggling a two word keyword in number 26-30 ever since my site went live. It jumped from there to number 7, and several other keywords jumped several places as well this past week.

I suddenly had new inbound links, and couldn't figure out where they came from for the life of me. When I checked the backlinks, there were sites I knew I didn't reciprocate links with.

Oops, I joined the network for exposure, never expected the backlinks I got, let alone the gain in rankings. Yippee, it all makes sense now.

jetta16, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  18. yonnermark

yonnermark Peon

Best Answers:
    With respect, that depends which version of the sandbox theory you are referring to

yonnermark, Sep 18, 2004 IP