1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad Network and Building PR

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by c3kids, Nov 24, 2004.

I'm just curious about a statement that's been made here several times -- that the Ad Network won't help your site's PR.

From everything I've read about PR, getting 1000s of links, even from low PR pages (even PR0 pages) eventually add up and confer a certain level of PR. Many people here seem to have ad weights of 20,000 or 50,000 or more. Why wouldn't these people experience some level of PR increase?

On one of my sites, I have PR5 with an Ad Network weight of 17,000 pointing links at the site. I think a bump to PR6 is very possible over time.

Any thoughts?

c3kids, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  2. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    You're giving as much PR as you're getting, so in theory it should all balance out... sites with really low PR, but a lot of pages might benefit more, but overall, there shouldn't be much of a PR impact.

thebassman, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  3. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting question.

Every link going out of your site, is PR that is not being circulated back inside your own website.

But think of it this way:

site A PR6 homepage link
    to
    site b PR3 homepage recip link

The link that site b receives will most certainly increase its visible Google PR, although the link that site A received won't increase its PR nearly as much.

So if someone at the moment Google looks is linked to from a higher PR site than their own, for that moment their sites PR should be higher ie visibly 4 to 5 etc. But given that the links are always changing,... while PR will certainly be increased behind the scenes, it may not be visible as being up a notch.

One of my co-op sites is very new - the co-op links are about all the links that the site has got at the moment. It is going to get a huge boost in PR as its PR is lots less than the average. Another of my sites has many PR6's, I am not as so much concerned about PR as I am about text link value for the main city single word that I am targeting.

Another way of looking at it

PR is all about pages PR. One site is giving away PR from many different pages on its site. Yet it is receiving PR into only one page. Thats got to count for an increase for that page.

What about text link value - links are of course not all about PR

Another few thousand links saying your page is all about "widgets" - I have seen a noticable increase in my serps as a result. And coincidence maybe, I have also seen a substantial increase in other pages serps for single word terms (cities & suburbs) that have not received direct co-op links.

t2dman, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  4. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    If your worried about giving out pr just make sure their are plenty of internal links on the same pages that you display the network links on.

l234244, Nov 25, 2004 IP