1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad Manager / Directory Script

Discussion in 'Directories' started by sarahk, Sep 14, 2014.

I need a program/script that will allow advertisers to manage their listings, add new ones, change the images etc and most importantly - pay. Most of the content will be supplied to an app but some views will be via a browser using the script in a more traditional way.

I figured that a directory script would do the trick but having trouble deciding which one to use. I'm more worried about wasting time than money - and with the directory market shrinking am concerned that software producers will be ditching development and support.

So which scripts are still good and still have the backing of their producers?

The Out list
    • SiteSift

sarahk, Sep 14, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Sep 14, 2014 IP
    Simon Gooffin and sarahk like this.
  3. Simon Gooffin

Simon Gooffin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Just in case someone needs something more than simply a classical directory of links - there is another solution, subrion business script. Here is the demo version: business directory script
    It allows to edit listings and they could be companies, venues, restaurants, etc. Admins can manage listing fields, and charge for a listing placements. Many options to monetize. The software can be also used as a yellow pages script.

Ask in case you have any questions.
    Cheers

Simon Gooffin, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  4. Mrtvac

Mrtvac Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I would go with Subrion as free CMS and web directory as paid plugin for Subrion. Subrion is more developed (more resource put in it) then Esyndicat and it seems that is some future all users from Esyndicat will be switched to Subrion as their main product now.

Regards.

Mrtvac, Jan 27, 2015 IP
    Simon Gooffin likes this.
  5. Simon Gooffin

Simon Gooffin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, subrion is now under more active development than esyndicat. And we tried to separate directory / business directory features so our users could choose the product that fits their model more.

So generally subrion has two software addons: classic web directory & business directory / yellow pages script to list business, etc.

Simon Gooffin, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  6. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sarah, also look into phpmydirectory.com as it may offer what you require.

I use it for my UK Business Directory, see link in my signature.

gkd_uk, Feb 20, 2015 IP