1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad Account Hacked, $10k in Fraudulent Charges - Account Blocked

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by FossilEra, Aug 16, 2016.

About a month ago when I was on a short vacation, by credit cards started being declined. I called the bank assuming that it was a simple hold put on it due to being out of state, only to find all of my credit cards maxed out. Upon investigation I found thousands upon thousands of dollars billed by Facebook ads, during the previous 3 days.

Someone had evidently compromised my ad account, and used to to run spam ads for some spanish shoe website, racking up well over $10k in charges. I spend three days frantically trying to contact a real person and get the issue resolved. Finally I was able to get a human to look into it, the ads were determined to be fraudulent and funds refunded.

Two weeks later my ad account just disappeared. This is an ad account I've used for nearly 5 years for my business without issue up until the hack and routinely have ad spends of $5k+ per month. It took me over a week of filling out every form I could to someone at Facebook to respond.

The response was basically, your account was running low quality ads, it's been deleted. This is the final decision, we will not reopen the case, period. So, I'm being punished for someone hacking my account, and my business has lost about 1/4 of it's sales which were driven by Facebook advertising in the mean time.

I've emailing/calling everywhere I can but I can not got a human to respond in over a week. How the hell do you actually get a person to respond at Facebook?!?!

FossilEra, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You cant. Basically your account get hack when you start liking or try to connect to anony application that create just for see your log or cookies. I have see these kind hack and their will send the fund to another account. Lucky for you. You can solve it.

For facebook contact, I never see anyone can contact them directly just like paypal or neteller do...

robyries, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  3. KevinTran09

KevinTran09 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you can not still contact to Facebook, i can help you solve the problem by other way

KevinTran09, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  4. n.mojenka

n.mojenka Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook have similar zero support like google.

n.mojenka, Oct 18, 2016 IP