1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ActualLight - Blacklist Impression Fraud

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by wrekoniz3, Mar 2, 2015.

Everyone likes to attack the network for "not paying" or coming up with reasons not to pay publishers. But its really simple when working with PremiumCPM, send us legitimate traffic, and if we bring up an issue of fraud, don't be rude, fix it and move on.

ActualLight, is a former publisher. Their site claims they work with AppNexus (thats a lie because they worked with us, and we work with AppNexus). We found to have been sending mostly bot traffic. Here are some numbers...

123exp-business.com - 73.1% Bot over the last 30 days.

20.05% Traffic from IP Addresses known for Ad Fraud.
    19.88% Automated Traffic
    74.16% Not Viewed
    58.49% Low Interaction
    4.33% Concealed

They were given an opportunity to correct the issue, but found it more productive to say we are lying and that we don't have any ad fraud platforms at all...even though they were given the opportunity to correct the issue, they chose not to, and as a result, its a compliance violation, TOS violation, and they were banned. I would not suggest working with them.

It feels good to be the one to actually say something finally. Its unfortunate that people are allowed to perpetuate their opinion with out presenting facts. Unfortunately for the conspiracy theorists out there, I did not use a random number generator to gather this information.

wrekoniz3, Mar 2, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  2. Valeriy

Valeriy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dominick, this takes us nowhere. Your tags were taken off because of low CPM, but not because we didn't want to cooperate or fix. Please, understand this. I'm sorry those both actions happened the same day, may be that's why you are so aggressive and think that we didn't want to cooperate. $0.03 was low for us and I told you about that. You may like or not like traffic, ban or not ban publishers, etc., it's your right but if publishers don't like your rates, they just leave the adnetwork. What I wanted to get from you was a print screen or more detailed information just to show our tech team!

Also, I didn't call you a lier. I just wanted to know where you got those numbers.

Nobody told you that we have an account with Appnexus.

What is that enmity for? I don't understand you.. I don't think such actions make any good to your company. Besides, just personaly - it's not good to delete a person from Skype and continue to argue here. I didn't do anything bad to you.

Valeriy, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  3. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You were told about the issue, and were like:
    [3/2/15, 2:38:53 PM]: anyway we have paused your tags
    [3/2/15, 2:39:05 PM]: so no worries

No, its never ok. You can't complain about the rates when the majority of your traffic is coming in as fake! In monetizing, first step, make sure its real traffic, second step make as much money from it as you can...

So its ok for you to send us fake traffic, pause the tags, because you think you are going to get paid? Come on. Then you blame us, as if we are trying not to pay you, and thats gravely inaccurate.

You said "Information from your platforms which don't exist" after I gave you the information, implying I am lying to you. Then when I said I'm trying to help you resolve this so you see better rates you say the following "you are not trying to help, you are just trying not to pay money". Which is completely inaccurate. You failed to even acknowledge the issue and were extremely defensive when I contacted you to tell you about it. You didn't say let me tell tech about it and get back to you...you continually kept telling me we are making up data, and the platforms don't exist...

All of which makes you look as if you knew about it, were nervous and did not want to get caught.

As for why this was brought here... A. Because you have failed to address the issue. B. You were extremely rude. C. Given the above you still expected to be paid.. and D. You decided to throw this comment in my face "But it looks like all is true what is written about your company on the web... it's a pity. hope our unpaid payment will make you very rich" so now its time for you to defend your actions online like we do on a daily basis, I'm not going to wait for you to add to what is written with out identifying your self like everyone else does because they fear we will pull out the numbers just as we did above.

Yes, no one told me you work with AppNexus... other than your website which has AppNexus' logo on it, most likely with out their permission...

I think actions like this do look good on the part of my self, and the company I work with. You know why? Too many people are allowed to get away with sending mostly fraud then anonymously posting online about how they didn't get paid. Well now people can see that we see exact numbers down to the tenth of a percent. This isn't a coincidence. Since you decided to throw it in my face a few times, I figure with the way you conduct your self and the trash traffic you sent us, its only right I force you or someone from your company to come on here and defend your self, and your business to actual facts when I'm only defending my self and business against slander and opinion.

We are not allowed to tell people what anti-fraud platforms we work with, we were specifically told not to, and its part of our contracts. If we told everyone suspected of fraud, you are banned because XYZ Platform detected fraud, you know what those people would do? Go to XYZ Platform, try to sign up, and try to tweak their bots until that platform doesn't catch it. Sorry we will not allow that. Period.

I'm not here to speak with you, I dont want to speak with you, I blocked you from skype because you are a rude crude waste of my time. I shouldn't have given you the courtesy of trying to fix the issue...

wrekoniz3, Mar 2, 2015 IP