1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Actual Froogle sales...who knew?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by chachi, Aug 26, 2004.

Well, we recently put the new Urchin 5 stats manager (I think it is 5 :confused: ) on our commerce sites. Low an behold, I found a few sales coming from Froogle. I have always watched our sales referrals as we have some homegrown sales tracking we made, but never saw a Froogle sale.

Anyone else had any Froogle sales lately, or at all?

chachi, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  2. cobaltlady

cobaltlady Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a whopper ($2000+) about 10 days ago. Thats huge when my average is about $50. She told me she found me on Froogle and was tickled to death.

cobaltlady, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  3. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    we have been longstanding in Froogle and yes we see quite some refferals and subsequent sales by F. It's free requires only minute work or tweaking once set up so I'm not complaining. We are showing certain results in G top position directly out of F - so no complaints here.

M

PS I've always made a point to contact them ask questions and info them about site / shop developments I do get replies usually within 24 h

expat, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  4. cobaltlady

cobaltlady Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree Froogle was very prompt and helpful with my questions when I first set up. Since then they helped me set up 4 more accounts. For free you can't beat it.

cobaltlady, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  5. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like Froogle is a great way to get sales, huh?

caroline, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  6. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    It does not drive a ton of sales for us, but it is free and it is free.

chachi, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  7. cobaltlady

cobaltlady Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I wouldn't exactly call it great but you sure can't beat the price.

cobaltlady, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  8. Rob

Rob Guest

Best Answers:
    Is anybody using Froogle for industrial products? I mean for B2B sales and not just for consmer (B2B) sales

Rob, Sep 4, 2004 IP
  9. cobaltlady

cobaltlady Peon

Best Answers:
    I would try a few Froogle searches for your product and see what you get. You are required to have pictures and prices on all items.

cobaltlady, Sep 4, 2004 IP
  10. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For a free service, froogle is great. I'm not sure how to optimize for it, so I rank higher, but setting up the ftp script and letting it run everyday is a no brainer and it does bring decently converting traffic.

lorien1973, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  11. EConcepts

EConcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    Froogle is actually a GREAT source of highly qualified traffic. We work with clients all the time optimizing thier sites for Froogle, and are able to generate sales consistantly for them.

In developing our last client campaign, we were able to generate $17,919 in only 19 Days all from Froogle traffic alone.

It can be done ... and sales from Froogle are more widespread than one would think. There are several keys to getting these results. One lies in the optimization of not only the data feed itself, but also in the "landing page" the user ends up at after finding the product in a search.

So to answer your question in short. Yes, we see sales consistantly from Froogle.

EConcepts, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  12. bigslowrock

bigslowrock Peon

Best Answers:
    I've bought several things from froogle. It's great for those really hard to find items.

bigslowrock, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  13. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I believe froogle will move to the frontline someday and since it is the first of its kind it will also be the largest. Adwords in Froogle will probably end up being the first couple of results with pictures to match the rest of froogle. I am going to try to get a good grasp on froogle and try to maintain top listings, so when froogle becomes really popular, we will get many sales from them.

debunked, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  14. EConcepts

EConcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    You should be able to get SUPER sales from Froogle as it stands even today (in its infancy). Although it is new, a top listing in Froogle currently translates to an increase in sales. We are running a number of Froogle campaigns for clients in various industries and we have had super results to say the least in being able to generate nice sales from the current state of Froogle.

I agree, as time passes, and Froogle evolves, even more exciting things will turn up. There is no need to wait until it "becomes" popular though. You might as well start today and take advantage of it while others are not. If done properly, that alone will help you increase sales.

Although Froogle as such is not "widely understood / popular yet" (and that is due in part to the short time it has been around along with the fact that many people have not yet seen the real power in generating sales that it can -- and does -- produce), once it "catches on", you will then be competing against "everyone else" just as in traditional SEs now. Until that time ... take advantage of being one of the first to harness the power and you'll be long ahead of your competition when they figure out it is "a smart move to make".

EConcepts, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  15. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow nice to see some people are having luck with Froogle! I submitted a site there when it was new and it was up and listed before the good ole competitors and the results were terrible. A bit later some other competitors sites showed up with well.. at the time i wasnt impressed with the results :p and now i have a couple items that show up in good spots but otherwise my site is non existant :|

Design1, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  16. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Froogle is one of the biggest reasons for my record sales the last 2 months. I kept teaking my feed until I nailed the top 3 froogle results in google for a few keaywords and top 10 on a froogle search. Froogle is working for me... so far.

wrkalot, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  17. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    we just had a big sale yesterday. The funny thing was that it was for a product that was not linked to anywhere on our site. We finally figured out that it was from our Froogle feed and sure enough, when we searched for it in Froogle it was #1.

Any pointers you care to share on the Froogle "tweaking"?

chachi, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  18. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of many examples:

Lets say you sell widgets of all shapes, sizes and colors. Instead of using just the "Product Name" Large Twirly Red Widget try this Widgets: Large Twirly Red Widget. Do this for every widget NOT just a few of them. Aslo try playing with your description a bit. Keep testing until you start to get results.

And when you find something that works... come back here and share it with the rest of us :)

wrkalot, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  19. lbardach

lbardach Guest

Best Answers:
    It took me some time to get the feed correctly formatted . . . mostly because I was trying to get our data and landing page formatted to at least minimally optimize. Froogle support was good when I had questions, very responsive.

Since what we sell is tattoo artwork (won't mention the sites, I think that'a a faux pas , hehe), we always have to consider protecting the artwork online. And since the protection we use on our single design sales site (B2C) is done "on the fly", I think I'm going to have to reformat thousands of product images specifically for Froogle to put SOME protection on our artwork. I'm looking for a "work around" on this.

I also plan to do more "optimization" for Froogle on our B2C site. We don't really have "descriptions" for all of our designs (had to build in some of that on our landing page) and the "names/titles" of our designs aren't always very descritive from a keyword perspective. Since Google only allows in the feed exactly what can be found on the landing page, I'll need to do some more work in this area too.

I most definitely plan to use Froogle for our B2B sales on our other site, too. We might get a few sales this way I think, but more, our two sites are integrated to the point that the B2B listings should also drive B2C sales. We'll see. :)

lbardach, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  20. Vibrators

Vibrators Guest

Best Answers:
    wow, this is great.. I was about to give up on Froogle... I guess I'll stick it out and see what Froogle brings

Vibrators, Feb 17, 2005 IP