1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Active Movie Forums

Discussion in 'Sites' started by madmikeyb, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I want to sell my site; http://inceptionforums.com

Inception is a movie which was very popular in the cinemas, I launched the site on the day of the movie release, I then saw a lot of traffic from facebook, twitter and google as people were watching the movie and googling for somewhere to discuss. It's been at the top of the rankings since day one. Using a free SEO mod (and a custom thread preview mod), and vBulletin 3.8 - a skin from sultantheme.com (who allow backlink removal), which I've customized thoroughly, along with a custom sidebar mod and others. The DVD/Blu Ray of the movie hasn't been released yet, and the forum still gets regular signups daily, the new owner stands to get a lot of traffic from google, and if promoted right, facebook and twitter too, when the movie is released on blu ray/dvd.

Assume no revenue. No advertisements have been put on the site.
    No promotion has been done at all, all members have found the site via google.
    Excellent quality posts on the site, I could not have paid people to write posts that well.
    I have paid no posters, nor have I done any posting exchanges of any kind to gain activity.
    #1 in Google for "Inception Forum" and "Inception Forums"

Analytics data is attached in a zip, very encouraging traffic. The lapse in traffic and stats is where I switched the skin and forgot to re-add the analytics code. Analytics data is from Day #1 of the site til the date of this post.
    vBulletin license isn't included, if I would, I could, but I cannot at present transfer any of my vB licenses.

Looking for offers, ideally I'd like to make a profit on what I've spent on it via hosting, vb license, etc, so looking for offers above $100+ ideally, would be great to merge into an existing forum, the members come to the site when emailed, so could be a good acquisition as that, or to run as a standalone board.

ANALYTICS DATA

madmikeyb, Sep 22, 2010 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  2. GaGuy

GaGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Only 356 posts? How is that considered active?

GaGuy, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  3. ajomehri

ajomehri Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    maybe this price is including vbulletin license ?

ajomehri, Sep 23, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.