1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Accuracy of Buy Ad Networks

Discussion in 'General Business' started by John Davis One, Aug 20, 2018.

Hi

I'm a small business and wish to advertise our services. I've found a few marketplaces that allow me to advertise by business on various websites.
    After some research I've discovered that its possible for publishers to click on their own ads, this allows them to generate false income and my expense.
    Perhaps I've been reading out of date blogs and I was wondering if this remains a problem.

Thanks

John Davis One, Aug 20, 2018 IP
  2. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think still same situation now

egoldzone, Aug 21, 2018 IP
  3. iHostingX.com

iHostingX.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, John! You are right - this has been a long-standing issue. egoldzone is also correct in that it remains an issue today. I will say one advantage today is that as the means to automatically detect this kind of fraudulent behavior have significantly improved over the past five years, so have results - or at least the ROI. In other words, this is less of an issue today than it was five years ago. However, can the networks catch all of this fraudulent activity? Absolutely not. It's something to build into your profitability model, for sure, as you analyze whether or not this advertising method makes sense for you.

iHostingX.com, Aug 28, 2018 IP
  4. John Davis One

John Davis One Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Earlier I asked about CPC (clicks) would you say the same about CPM. That is to say, do marketplaces or publishers provide any way of preventing false impressions ?

John Davis One, Aug 31, 2018 IP