1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Account randomly suspended - can't get a human response from twitter?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Arariel, Oct 4, 2015.

Hello,

Last week I noticed my account was suspended. It just included a link to read the reasons why, which didn't help me. I rarely use Twitter except to retweet game giveaways and to post statuses of Youtube videos I upload. I try to appeal, and it sends me the generic robo reply of "nah, not appealing."

Okay, make a new account, and it's fine for a few days. Till today, suspended again. Either someone is purposely stalking my twitters to screw me, or Twitter has an automated suspension system that is on the fritz. My Twitters do not violate any rules. If Twitter could tell me, show me, the exact reason they were suspended, and it's a legit reason, I'll accept it and move on.

I'm not a huge Twitter user, I don't care if I can't use it. What bothers and angers me the most is that this seems completely random, and I can't get a single word from a real Twitter person about why this happened.

It seems like Twitter has done EVERYTHING possible to make it so that you can NEVER contact them, even with legit issues.

Arariel, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone knows for sure why they keep suspending your accounts. My hunch is you might have used copyrighted materials that someone happened to see and report. They can be pissy about that: https://support.twitter.com/articles/15795 Secondly, if it's a new account and you start following people like mad they may suspend your account too. Somehow it's only applicable to new accounts. It happened to me on one of my accounts 2-3 years ago. But I got reinstated after I told them it was not going to happen again.

qwikad.com, Oct 7, 2015 IP
  3. snakeplissken

snakeplissken Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Twitter has actually been on a suspension spree for DMCA infringements since summer. These are the most likely reasons why you got suspended:

1) mass following/mass unfollowing;
    2) you tweeted vines without mentioning the original author;
    3) you tweeted/used copyrighted images;

Quick fix:

-do not mass follow/unfollow;
    -Include "I do not own the content I post" in your bio;
    -If your account is a parody, include a 'parody account' disclaimer.

Cheers!

snakeplissken, Oct 9, 2015 IP
  4. Usernamexx

Usernamexx Peon

Best Answers:
    Reply to the email/ form/link that they send you, or that gets generated when you try to go to that acc. Explain that you're sorry, but you haven't done anything wrong, and you want them to un-suspend you. Tell them you were simply doing ____ not violating their terms. Once you send this email u should get unsuspended within a few hours.

If you're only posting replies or links, try having some normal tweets in between. Like hello, or goodnight or even "...." etc. That used to help me so they realized I wasn't a spam bot.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Usernamexx, Nov 6, 2015 IP