1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Account locked out

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by stockhola, Jun 16, 2008.

1. wellington300

wellington300 Guest

Best Answers:
    So basically a whole bunch of accounts got shit-canned at the same time. Slightly suss. Maybe some guy at google had a shit weekend and thought hed take his anger out at work....
    On a more serious note have moved across to Bidvertiser but doesn't seem nearly as good as adsense.....still better than nothing and with $10 payout yes its less money but you get it more quickly.
    But adsense seems to be a lottery, if you are actually working and gaining clicks they seem to shit can u, it seems that new users have to take it unbearably slowly to avoid the ire of googles 'proprietary fraud detection algorithmn'.

wellington300, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  2. Jackie_W

Jackie_W Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just had an email back from google to say my appeal failed.... bit gutted really as after months of work it looked like things were starting to happen!

Jackie_W, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  3. wellington300

wellington300 Guest

Best Answers:
    To those who have had their account canned and have appealed, has anyone heard back from google? Or are u just staring at a blank email inbox and a wall of silence?

4. wellington300

wellington300 Guest

Best Answers:
    did they give a reason why it failed or is it all still hush hush?

5. stockhola

stockhola Guest

Best Answers:
    Still hush hush have not heard anything back from them as of yet. Sent in an appeal and contacted them directly as well. I think im moving on to better things where your account is not just swept up for no reason.

stockhola, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  6. wellington300

wellington300 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes Ive had the same experience just a wall of silence...its got to the point where I have already sourced new ads and if adsense gave me back my account it would almost be too much of a pain to go back and change all the code over Again.
    The most annoying thing is that without being given a reason AND without being given a chance to redress whatever problem they had the whole process is pointless.

7. xtremenitro911

xtremenitro911 Banned

Best Answers:
    From what I have been told is that once Google locks you out. There is nothing you can do. A good friend of mine got his account taken away. It took him a lot of work to get it back but that was luck.

xtremenitro911, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  8. oncameratalent

oncameratalent Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't say about the others who got banned, but the three sites on your sig do not have a privacy policy. That will get you banned.

oncameratalent, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  9. stockhola

stockhola Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah well in my opinion google now sucks and I will never use them for anything ever again. If i got something to search im going yahoo. These people make billion and here they are worried about my $50 that i worked HOURS on to make over a months time. What a waste of time. Thank you google for wasting my life and time on your crappy services.

stockhola, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  10. wellington300

wellington300 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes it seems google is rather uptight, if privacy policy was the problem why not send an autogenerated email saying "you have no privacy policy on http:xyz.com you have seven days to rectify etc" It seems petty to summarily ban with no means of recourse for minor TOS infractions the site owner may no even be aware of.

wellington300, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  11. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    i am now using adbrite and they are good, i get $0.08 upto $0.25 per clicks. thats pretty good

sb1234, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  12. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really did nothing wrong, your appeal may be heard and you will be reinstated. I had my account banned last year because of click-bombers but I saw the surge in clicks and removed the adsense code from site they were bombing and sent Google a message about possible invalid clicks. They never replied but they banned my account a few weeks later. I appealed - calmly stated my position and gave them proof that I had sent Google a ticket about the incedent and they re-instated my account ... but ... Adsense kept several hundred dollars from the two months before.

I wrote this article about the process and tips to keep your Adsense account safe. Unfortunately I know the feeling of hoplessness most of you are going through because Google bans you but *will not* tell you why. Very unprofessional IMHO.

Bryce, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  13. wooooody64

wooooody64 Peon

Best Answers:
    Since my account was disabled, I have appealed to Google by sending five different emails stating what I "may" have done wrong, I cant actually tell them what I did wrong (if anything) because they havent told me.

My account was disabled on 13th June, and apart from the original email I've had no response.:confused:

wooooody64, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  14. Jackie_W

Best Answers:
    just had a look at this software that may help defend your adsense account against suspicious click activities, may be worth a try - has anyone used it?

AdSense ClickLock - Click Here

I think whoever mentioned Privacy Policy as TOS infringemnt may be right - so if you have adsense make sure you have a privacy policy displayed on your site!

Jackie_W, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  15. wellington300

wellington300 Guest

Best Answers:
    i think its time to follow stockhola's lead and move on from google, its not the only ad server/search provider on the web, it may the best but ultimately all they are doing is striving to build a monopoly which seems to go against the philosophy of the web.
    I have moved on to Bidvertiser+kontera in text (http://the-undercover-centrist.blogspot.com) which I am happy with.

wellington300, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  16. Jackie_W

Best Answers:
    Yes i'd say Bidvertiser is fairly good, the adverts look similar to google's and they are quite easy to customise with colours and sizes etc - they also pay quite a good referal rate for new signups. One thing to watch out for is that if you plan to place adsense and Bidvertiser on the same page then make sure you use different colours for each advert!

Jackie_W, Jun 24, 2008 IP