1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Account Disabled today

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by D4rKNull, Aug 15, 2005.

1. veedee

veedee Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely this is word that I ve been waiting for, never see anywhere one has been able to ask google to reinstate account.

veedee, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  2. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    omg :eek: How much traffic I have to generate ? is 15 ppl visitng my site per day OK ?

I am surely working on getting the traffic. I just yesterday submitted 5 articles to 3 sites(ezine and other) and will keep doing it. I am also looking to exchange link with frnds. Let's hope I don't get kicked out. :)

poseidon, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  3. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on how much you are making a month. I have some friends making $10 a month and they're still fine. How much are you making from 15 visitors a day?

dzcap, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  4. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Atleast three or four people here have had there account re-instated!!! But if it's from clicking ads or breaking some TOS rule, you'll never get reinstated!!! (Yes, it is possible to get the notice when you don't even break the rules!!)

Nintendo, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  5. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I made a whopping $30+ in >10 months and google did not disable me.

Now earnings jumped from that to $300+ in <two months, I am still on... I also received the first payment :)

Though, the reason for the sudden surge is that I made a new site with >60000 pageviews per month, in the first month, with a reasonable CTR.

medusa, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    All I am going to add to this is by reprinting Google's email to you in the first post, it showed you have never read the TOS

I realize its a form letter that can be found anywhere but If you were serious about getting your account back, I wouldn't have even done that.

As far as the original question of not knowing of accounts getting reinstated, that would be because of one of two reasons:

1.) They never asked for it to be reinstated
    2.) They violated the TOS

Accounts suspended in error always get reinstated. Someone mentioned grammar and although that may not be the deal breaker, it doesn't help your case if Google can't figure out what you are saying.

If English isn't your first language, have someone proofread all your correspondance and run it through the spell checker.

If English is your first language, by sending them such a poorly written letter, you might not be the publisher they are looking for. ie. - If you can't take the time to write out a well formated and concise request for reinstatement, how much time are you spending developing your sites?

yfs1, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  7. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

What danger are you talking about?

There is ZERO evidence to support the idea that Google has EVER kicked anyone out of the program for low traffic. They recently added language to that effect, but that was certainly added to give them more options when dealing with publishers who cross the line.

People need to stop with the nonsense. There is no reason for google to remove low impression publishers, and actually would be a very poor long-term strategy.

aeiouy, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  8. greenway

greenway Guest

Best Answers:

fryman I owe you an apology.

When I joined this site last month I thought you where very hard on people that posted that there adsense account had been banned.

But after seeing just how members post about there account being disabled I can understand your use of humour, guess its either laugh or scream at them.

greenway, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  9. EWpro

EWpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    aeiouy,
    The danger I mentioned is
    BTW, How you are sure/know that Google will NEVER kick anyone out of the program for low traffic?

EWpro, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  10. Tipsfromthetop

Tipsfromthetop Peon

Best Answers:
    I never have seen evidence that Google have done this but people like ContextWeb do it all the time.

Tipsfromthetop, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

I know what the TOS says, I refered to it in my post and why it was added.

Nobody can be sure of anything... but there is no reason for google to push out low impression publishers. The cost of keeping them in the program is negligible. The potential for those low impression sites to one day be big impression sites is high enough to warrant leaving them in. Consider it a farm system for the future of sorts.

The people that need to be concerned are the ones gaming and cheating the systems. Those sites are a liability to google and the program. Not getting enough traffic is not a liability. And it allows google a broader base for their content program.

People like to blame everything but what they did for getting kicked out of the program. Before they added this language it was because someone else clicked on their site or targetted them. It is a bunch of excuses from people that don't want to admit the truth. Low impressions is simply the scapegoat du jour for adsense.

aeiouy, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  12. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    And AdSense Advisor has said that they have never banned any one from low traffic.

Nintendo, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  13. PioneerGold

PioneerGold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just from a purely business standpoint (not talking about right or wrong), it is hard to see a company getting rid of a viable source of revenue without due diligence.

However, the case becomes harder to make if you aren't generating much revenue in the first place.

PioneerGold, Sep 16, 2005 IP