1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Account Disabled Today

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by jjo, Aug 8, 2005.

1. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

If Fryman is not willing to say it I will... I believe fairly firmly that the overwhelming majority of people banned by adsense were guilty. Heck the majority of them admit they did something wrong.

aeiouy, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a site like that being up would only bolster the position that Google does not just go around banning people for no reason.

Sometimes when I see sites like that I wonder how egregious the violations were of sites that got banned. And egregious is a word I believe Adsense Advisor used on WMW to describe what kind of violation(s) it would take to get banned from the adsense program.

aeiouy, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    lol, aeiouy, of course I am willing to say it, and I've always did. I agree that if you get banned you are either
    a) a thief
    b) So dumb that you didn't read/understand/cared about the Tos and broke the guidelines, doesn't matter if you knew about them or not
    c) all of the above

fryman, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  4. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Although I understand your pain, Amcy, you do put out several possible reasons of why the account could of got banned. So, there is no such thing as "absolutely no reason". Yeah, we will never know exactly the reason, that sucks, but if there is a violation of the TOS google has to act. They don't know you, they can't say "oh, this is AmCy's site and he looks like a nice guy, lets spare him and move over to the next one".

Maybe Google is just tightening the screws... many things that in the past were overlooked now raise flags. With all the lawsuits they are getting for click fraud the guys at Google may be forced to make sure their policy is followed strictly

fryman, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  6. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree. It seems from that blog that google gave fair warning in the past byasking that ads not be put on certain sites. they remained on a poker site, so bump - its done. I'm not surprised. Pure TOS violation there.

lorien1973, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  7. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    I also believe that it's the lawsuits that have been a major contributing factor in recent account terminations, as mentioned in my blog.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  8. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    They asked me to remove ads from certain sites I own. They listed each site specifically, and I complied with their requests. The free poker site wasn't on that list.

However, it is certainly within the realm of possibilty that they decided to disable my account due to a TOS violation. I just wish I knew which violation it was.

I think that G should at least send me a check for helping folks to "Quadruple [Their] AS CTR" ;)

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  9. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    You psoted in the blog that adsense ads cannot be on a gambling or gambling related site. A free poker site is gamblinb related, even if it isn't for "real money" their is a TOS violation right there.

lorien1973, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  10. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    If Google says no Gambling sites, one would do well not to go near gambling. This is a prime example of walking the fine line; the risk is just not worth it!

I do feel for you! It’s easy to let your judgment be clouded by money, but in the end the focus has to be on the long term result. Whenever I’m tempted to push the limits, I ask those around me for their opinion. Often, I’m too attached to the project and would have made the wrong move!

On a positive note, it’s won’t be long before Yahoo! and MSN release their version and you’ll be back in the game!

TooHappy, Aug 11, 2005 IP
    INV likes this.
  11. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Gambling has a clear definition that you can lookup in any dictionary. The key element to "gambling" is the wagering of money. My free poker site has nothing to do with gambling.

My free poker site only came up as a possible TOS violation after my account was disabled, so, even though I would have been more than happy to email G to find out whether or not the free poker site violates thier TOS, but they aren't responding to me emails.

So, here's what I'll do: I'll email the AS Team from a unique email address, and I will pose as someone who is interested in the AS program, and I'll ask about whether I can place AS code on that free poker site. That should settle this matter once and for all. I will report back on this.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  12. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Hello:

My experience with AS has wasted a great deal of my time and, therefore, my money. I am therefore very doubtful that I will get back into the pay-per-click game. I am new to pay-per-lead but I am quite happy with the results so far, and I expect great things. If the pay-per-per-lead thing doesn't pan out, then I'll consider trying Y!'s new publisher progam.

AmCy

13. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    You don't get it. Its not about a "dictionary" definition of gambling or what you think gambling is. It is what google thinks gambling is. Its their program, they decide it.

14. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    its googles world
    your just a squirell
    trying to get a nut
    but you click on your own ads
    and thats bad
    something you should have consider
    go head cry me a river

Shoemoney, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  15. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    "Malibu's Most Wanted"?

;)

TommyD, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  16. steveinid

steveinid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm really surprised at how readily some of you jump on others here for making mistakes unknowingly. I accidently clicked on one of my ads a few days ago. Pure mistake. If I got banned for it I think some of you would stand and cheer. Your confrontational attitude in defending Google is a little odd.

I read in another forum where a person accidently clicked on their own ad. Trying to be honest and avoid getting banned they wrote Google and said that the click was an accident. He got banned. Nice, huh?

jjo seems to have Yahoo ads showing now. Anyone know how well the clicks pay in relation to Google ads.

steveinid, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  17. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Yeah. I believe this person just did it once too. Uh huh. Google doesn't ban you for clicking your own ad once, twice or several times. Its a pattern of doing it that gets you busted. There isn't an adsense owner out there who hasn't clicked their ads once, by mistake. I'll guarantee it. You don't get banned because of 1 click.

18. steveinid

steveinid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, a guy clicked his own ads continuously and then reports one of them as an accident. Think about it for a second. it doesn't add up.

Google cancelling them for that does add up. Sounds to me like there is a Zero tolerance policy in place.

steveinid, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  19. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems to be confession time. I too clicked an ad. I was testing a sites navigation, and started randomly clicking links and oops. I fired of an email, and sent the destination url so they could credit back the advertiser.

I got a canned letter about the virtues of NOT clicking on your site's ads.

Cut and Dry, no problems.

tom

TommyD, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  20. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    I've worked for some very large firms and corporations in the past, I can report from experience that communication between employees and departments can be very bad, even dysfunctional.

So, let's say that G AS Team member "John Smith" received your email and decided to access his catalog of canned responses, and sent you the typical "refrain from clicking your own ads" email. Your account remains active, and you relax.

OK, so now let's move ahead by 2-3 months. G's automated fraud detection system detect that you clicked your own ad 2-3 months ago, and G AS Team member "Jane Doe" decides to review your account. Jane Doe comes to the conclusion that you have committed fraud based on the evidence, and your account gets disabled. Jane Doe probably knows that you reported your accidental click, but in her opinion, you are just a cheater. Bye-bye.

AmCy