1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

account deactivation...what a pain!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Scilynt, Dec 7, 2007.

1. chaos4u

chaos4u Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are having trouble with sales in you CJ account, all you need to do is set up a couple BANS sites. Just do a little niche research first. The BANS sites will add, at least, a sale every month. This will keep your account active and give you all the time you need to finish setting up your websites.

I put up 10 BANS sites within a weekend. It's very quick and easy to do.

BTW...make sure you email CJ and get an extention on you deactivation first.

chaos4u, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  2. NwS

NwS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Heya,

Can you provide me some more info on this please by PM? :)

Thank you,
    NwS

NwS, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  3. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. Been too broke to get BANS but did try out ebay on wordpress.

But definitely plan to check BANS out more when I have more time and money lol.

Scilynt, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  4. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    yep BANS is a very good way to earn extra cash with minimal effort.

I have quite a few Bans stores that i slowly update and ad links and such and the traffic grows with it

WharfeValley Systems, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  5. BlogSalesman

BlogSalesman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do you promote? PPC?

BlogSalesman, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  6. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    nope i just use SEO techniques to get the sites coming up in the serps.

social bookmarking, directories, forums etc.

Also a lot of people rush into BANS making sites about Cars and golf and things like that.. well the chance of you getting a page ranked for keywords are pretty slim, and the chance of making a ROI on PPC is low too.

So think of stuff that people are searching for and willing to buy on the internet but not much competition. This is where people make the real killing with bans.

You can make a ROI using ppc but it takes a bit more time and skill to wean out the converting keywords.

Its well worth the money it cost. I made my money back and a lot more in my first month.

WharfeValley Systems, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  7. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am surprised you got a deactivation email. I got my account deadivated with no warning at all. I just went to sign in and it was closed. No worries, keep building your site and reapply with a new email in a couple of months when you have more traffic.

allout, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  8. Young81k

Young81k Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried PPC campaign? If you have some fund available, PPC may be a way to generate quick leads/sales. But make sure to do extensive researches to make sure you know what you are doing.

If everything fails and your account get deactivated, you can always reapply for another account.

Young81k, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  9. xerive

xerive Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep using Bans is about Keyword Research and getting those good keywords you can actually rank for :)

xerive, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  10. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think they officially give you six months of dormant time, but they let mine go for over a year and then as soon as I had just got the codes all socked up on pages, the warning/disable thing happened. What I hate about making the new account is they will not let you REuse your previous ID/email. pfft.

Bottom line here is Don't sign up with Commision Junction until you are up and running and receiving a bit of traffic at your site.

To answer your question about a product to quickly nail a sale with, try the Godaddy hosting referral.

Hope that helps :)

Karen May Jones, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  11. namaki

namaki Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right. It is 7 days.

If someone register in eBay coming from your ad, then they must buy in the next 30 days for you to get the sign up commission.

namaki, Dec 23, 2007 IP