1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Accessing admin control panel near impossible on PHPPBB forum

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Dez72, Jun 8, 2005.

I have no idea what has caused this issue, and every attempt to fix it has got me nowhere.

2 different versions of PHPBB and both have the same issues on different domains with different mysql databases.

After logging in and click on the Admin Control Panel link it just loads the forum index even on an umodded freshly installed forum.

I have given other people the same account login and they do not have an issue. But 2 computers here do, neither of them can access the ACP, both have the same problem, it just loads the forum index. There is a rare chance that I get to the ACP and then usually clicking on something in the window pane menu it again loads the forum index.
    SEMrush
    I have tried clearing cookies, temp internet files, doesnt fix it.

Both machines have been formatted, clean installs, issue still remains. IE or Firefox doesnt make a difference. :(

Dez72, Jun 8, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Difficult question.
    a.) Check if your cookie setup in phpBB is defined correctly.
    b.) Make sure your browser accepts cookies
    c.) Install Safer Networking SpyBot and remove and immunize for spyware.

sadcox66, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  3. Dez72

Dez72 Peon

Best Answers:
    a. I'm not 100% sure about, but if others have no issues and only 2 computers here, I dont see how it can be a phpbb cookie error.
    b and c were already in place.

For some reason out of the blue after at least 4 months it now appears to be working flawlessly on one forum and not another which we have just set up in the last few days.

I still believe it has something to do with whatever the host company Dreamhost are doing to their machines.

Dez72, Jun 16, 2005 IP