1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

access remote database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Abh, May 31, 2010.

Two identical websites, but only one database? On separate hosts.

I need to pull data from an online store and returning it in mine, which will look the same, whenever they update the database. Can this be done?

Abh, May 31, 2010 IP
  2. goldenminds

goldenminds Peon

Best Answers:
    of course, we can done. But it needs more knowledge and experience. there should be clear program writing

goldenminds, May 31, 2010 IP
  3. Abh

Abh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a discussion with someone working at a hosting firm and he said it's useless to do it because both websites would function poorly.

So i was thinking of having two databases and sincronizing them once per day or something similar. But i might drop this idea too, cause the second website is not mine and i'm not sure if they'll give me access to their database. I was suggested to do something with RSS? But the website is an online store and the products are complex, they have caracteristics, pictures, description, how can that be done with RSS?

Abh, May 31, 2010 IP
  4. saviola

saviola Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything of article description can be move in RSS document/feed.

Recently a found in this forum a piece of code who can help you to create a good RSS feed.
    That is the link to discusion and post - htp://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=32265

saviola, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  5. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the article – sorted my problem easily!

aeroz1, Jun 8, 2010 IP