1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Access forbidden! You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is ei

Discussion in 'Apache' started by steffi_akiko07, Feb 2, 2010.

gud day guys..

I'm testing a program with the use of php and mysql. I created a page wherein I can edit and delete data from my database.I dont know what's wrong with it that the following messages appear when I hit the update and delete link.

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 403
    localhost
    2/3/2010 9:20:53 AM
    Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1

I know I can count on you guys...please send some help regarding this matter....huhu....i dont know what 2do.

steffi_akiko07, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    also check your mysql log for error output
    make sure your script can CONNECT to your mysql db

make sure you (the script) is properly configured for that mysql databyse with proper username / password to access the db AND to delete db
    that requires proper mysql db configuration as well to grant proper permissions to the user running that script

if that sounds too complicated and you have difficulties to continue on your own, then you most likely exceed your current KNOWLEDGE by doing what you want to do.
    before working on scripts that can manipulate and delete db or content of db you really need to KNOW what you do !!

also make sure ALL files / folders you use have proper ownership ( chown)
    since you install/configure much as root - ownership may need to be corrected after any changes you do as root on the folders/files you test !!

remember your error message mentioned above: "... please contact the webmaster. ..." you=webmaster on localhost = means you need to learn all the basics as well before going into heavy stuff

hans, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  3. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

You need to check permission on the given URL

hostechsupport, Feb 3, 2010 IP