1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Access Denied

Discussion in 'Databases' started by bacanze, Oct 14, 2006.

Hi

Well I tred import a SQL database from a site I recently purchased, however i keep getting the following message:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'desktopd'@'localhost' to database 'desktopd_ddv1'

I have looked in thr SQL file to try and find a usernane or password, but i couldnt see one, im a noob when it comes to SQL so please help:D

bacanze, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First question. Did you create the database and user on your server?

Common problem when moving from one site to another. Read the part of this article about sites with databases and see if that answers your questions. Pay attention to the foot notes.

The article is a work is in draft mode so I will be glad to help you with the details to flesh out the article further.

Colbyt, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  3. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Another common problem is that databases are not automatically created.

If your server has cPanel (or any other control panel) you need to recreate both the database and the username the username used in your backup.

Otherwise create a new one and fix your configuration file with the proper new username/password combo.

When it comes to recreate databases, not always is possible those details coincide again, unless is your own server, or you get your new hosting account using the previous signup details.

Pat Gael, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  4. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I created the database but not the username, wil give it a try, thanks

bacanze, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You will also have to add the username to the database.

JEET, Oct 15, 2006 IP