1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by crooksie, Jul 12, 2008.

I am totally new to making websites etc. I actually had to get someone to help me make my new website www.paidlinkclicks.com .

Everything seems to be in good order accept when I try to log in or create a test account through registration I get this error message:

Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Please help me by explaining simply as like I said im new to this scene and don't have a clue.

crooksie, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  2. Joseph S

Joseph S Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like a mysql login error. I can fix this for you if you need. Drop me a PM.

Joseph S, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  3. kasapa

kasapa Peon

Best Answers:
    try this code

kasapa, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  4. lordadel

lordadel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously you haven't made a username or a password for your database.
    You should make a user for the database and a set a password to it. Then you should connect to the database using this username and password.Search in your site for a file named "config.php" or something and change it

lordadel, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  5. BDazzler

BDazzler Peon

Best Answers:

I assume you're using PHP. I often get that problem when I set my password in the global scope and then attempt to use it inside a function without declaring it global.

If you had someone program it for you, show your programmer this post, and ask him (or her) to see if this defect is in the login procedure.

BDazzler, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  6. Limotek

Limotek Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, make sure the username and password you have set up for the database have been entered exactly as these are case sensitive. A wrongly capitalised letter had me stumped with the same error message for almost a day!

Limotek, Jul 16, 2008 IP