1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Access DB Basics Help

Discussion in 'Databases' started by adamjthompson, Mar 23, 2010.

We have a client who has an Access DB that they really want to upload to their site, then we would dynamically display content from the db on their website.

Their site is PHP/MySQL on a Linux server, though. So I'm not even sure if what they want is possible. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I understand that PHP and Access can be used together through ODBC. So we would need to install ODBC on their server.

To connect to and query an Access db on their web server, would we also need to have Access installed on the server? I'm guessing that's not even possible, since their server is Linux...

Thanks in advance for the help.

adamjthompson, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  2. ched

ched Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not just convert the Access DB to a MYSQL database? There are lots of free tools kicking around. or just export the Database as a comma seperated variable file (csv) and then import into mysql.
    Then once its uploaded you can just use php to display the data. Should be very easy.

If you need any more pointers let me know.

ched, Mar 23, 2010 IP