1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Accepting Affiliates

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by ginostylz, Jun 22, 2004.

For your own affiliate marketing programs:
    Do you accept just any affilliate?
    What if that affiliate was using Google adwords to promote you, and you are already bidding for Google adwords keywords?

ginostylz, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  2. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Then I'd recommend not to link to them if they are competitors...

misohoni, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  3. ginostylz

ginostylz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I meant was if you had an affiliate program that needs affiliates to market your product. Should I allow affiliates to join that plan on marketing through Google adwords even when I market through the same ads?

ginostylz, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's up to you. Some programs allow competition, others don't. Personally, I would allow it.

digitalpoint, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  5. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found it very difficult to use AdWords to promote an affiliate site and make enough money to make adwords worth it.

Help Desk, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  6. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 2 people that use overture and adwords during the wrestling season and they make 2x what they pay for clicks, minimum.

schlottke, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  7. jarvi

jarvi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to see more affiliate programs leaving it to the affiliates to use Adwords etc. Let the affiliate program manager manage the affiliates and let the affiliates manage the marketing. As an affiliate program you will get some creditibility by not blantantly competing with your affiliates and driving the prices up for everyone.

But, to answer your original question, probably put in the T&Cs if you don't want certain types of sites, then let everyone else have a go. The important thing is to make sure you maintain control of your brand (if that is important to you) by specifying a few things the affiliates can and can't do. Don't make it too onerous though, as it will put affiliates off. Then spend some time searching by affiliate links jsut to ensure they are abding by the terms. If you do all this then you won't have time to manage an Adwords campaign anyway...

jarvi, Jun 22, 2004 IP