1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Accepted by EzineArticles

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Oosha, Feb 22, 2008.

1. peejaydee

peejaydee Peon

Best Answers:
    When you submit an article to an article directory such as ezinearticles, it's not direct traffic from that site that your fishing for. The article directory is generally a repository for web publishers to get free content. What you're looking for is to have your article reprinted on as many other websites as possible, taking your bio link with it. Even then, the traffic levels from some of those sites will not be great - it's the backlinks you're after - that's what article marketing is about.
    I, like many others, have quite a few articles on ezinearticles and see very little traffic from them, but the bottom half of my referrer site list is littered with individual visits from blogs and other websites where my articles have been reprinted. This is generally also quality traffic.

peejaydee, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  2. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats. I've got 9 articles on EzineArticles. I don't write form them much anymore because I try and spend most of my time writing content for my own sites. Good luck !

BoBByCooL, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  3. dannobester

dannobester Peon

Best Answers:
    I have over 100 articles under various pseudonyms. I currently avg. about 400 views and 50 clicks PER article. It is just a numbers game. I avg. about $9 per article and most of this comes from the CB products I am an affiliate for. There are some things you must do in order to be sucessful with article marketing.

1. Need catchy title
    2. Need good keywords
    3. Article needs to give real value
    4. Need to have real good resource box (be a seller)
    5. Product or site needs to be quality

This is JUST A START!

Don't be discouraged, if I can do it so can you.

I write for others and their articles produce also.

You can do it!!!

dannobester, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  4. RavenMaven

RavenMaven Peon

Best Answers:
    Oosha:

Congrats on being named as an expert. I disagree that everyone is listed as an expert on EZines, as I had several articles listed at once on EZines and it took several months for them to describe me as an "expert".

Actually, they listed one of my clients as the expert, as when i wrote the articles for her, I used an "alter ego" in the bio and put the link to her site, not mine. But at least I know.... (and my client)

I have a question on duplicate content I will post in another thread as soon as I find which thread to post it in; don't want another infraction for posting in the incorrect thread....

toodles!

RavenMaven, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  5. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems they now require links to be out of the first three paragraphs. Maybe that's the elusive fold? :)

internetauthor, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  6. Cafe del Mar

Cafe del Mar Peon

Best Answers:

Great post. Thanks for the numbers, man!

Cafe del Mar, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  7. pennytrader

pennytrader Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is a good News and Ezine is the best place to put your article, there are few other sites which can help you getting good traffic from your articles.

pennytrader, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  8. BoBByCooL

BoBByCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    yes there are a few other sites just do a search for article directory on google and you'll find em

BoBByCooL, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  9. Oosha

Oosha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about goarticles.com? Did anyone try submitting there. I keep hearing mixed reviews.

As Dannobester points out, it is a numbers game. The more articles you have circulating out there the better. In fact, a highly successful bum marketer suggests submitting five to ten articles per day for a whole month, to actually see great results.

Raven, thanks for keeping my expert status intact.:cool:

Oosha, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  10. pennytrader

pennytrader Active Member

Best Answers:
    YEs I tried goarticles.com and the best thing about that is the easy approval, But as you said we have to circulate more then 1 article to get the better results.

pennytrader, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  11. lmhiih

lmhiih Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone had his article rejected from ezinearticles?

lmhiih, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  12. SeattleCPA

SeattleCPA Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI, I do get a bit of noticeable traffic from ezinearticles for my sites. Not much, I admit. Maybe 1%? But still, at least it registers.

FWIW, I have never seen any other article directory very visible in my server stats... (I post to amazines, ideamarketers, goarticles, articlefinders, articlecity, buzzle, isnare, articledashboard, and bestmanagementarticles...)

SeattleCPA, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  13. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    The key to getting traffic from EzineArticles is to write an article that will get good google traffic and gives just enough information to show that you know what you are talking about, but doesn't actually answer the question posed in your thesis (hence your resource box).

Gallito, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  14. Pro Scribz

Pro Scribz Banned

Best Answers:
    Congratulations mate on your first article! Good Luck with your other ones as well :p!

What was the Article written on?

Pro Scribz, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  15. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    A question if you don't mind! If you now forget about traffic and look at those articles as a source of backlinks? Have you acquired any backlinks from the Ezine articles? Have you checked the PR of those backlinks?

Oosha, congrats anyway!

tankard, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  16. saint75

saint75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Conrats Oosha.

Read the ezinearticles blog.Participate in the comments.Get pearls of wisdom from Chris.;)

saint75, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  17. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    I submitted a few articles early on but I didn't really get the full effect until recently. Some types of websites are easy to get links and targeted traffic, but if you're trying to advertise a pure affiliate page ezine is a good way to get click-thrus and backlinks optimized for your content. As far as the PR of the backlinks, it seems to go with the highest page that publishes the article.

korr, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  18. bweav

bweav Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been writing for ezinearticles for more tham a year now and get hundreds of visitors from my articles. The number of visitors is going to depend on the niche and keywords and last but not least, what you put into your writers response box.

My 2 cents.

bweav, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  19. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol.. Yeah I'm an expert author too at Ezine under Ishtiaq Saddam (my real name). I honestly submitted my first for a backlink and not traffic and actually got it. So I'm happy. However they have too many restrictions and I feel it hampers my independency as an author. So for now I've stopped ezine-ing. Lol.

godsofchaos, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  20. nursehoney

nursehoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a couple dozen articles at ezinearticles, and have never had one rejected. Like bweav, I've gotten hundreds of visitors to various sites from articles I've posted there and it's my primary place to post articles. I've been submitting articles there for close to a year.

I've used several other sites, but the traffic has never come close to equalling what I get from ezinearticles. I even have one article that's been on the first page of Google since November when I wrote it. It's still on page one, even as I write this.

Article marketing is a great way to get traffic. Many times I've done a search for something and several of the top five results will be from an article directory. I see a lot of articles from buzzle, ezinearticles and goarticles ranking high on page one.

Like others have said, it's a numbers game and it's also one of patience...it takes longer to see results, but often those results are enduring.

@Oosha-congratulations! Now you just do it over and over!

@the poster who was confused by being listed on the most published articles list - that doesn't mean how many times you published it...that means how many times someone else downloaded your article for publication...for websites, newsletters, etc. So congrats on that! It's a good thing!

Honey

nursehoney, Apr 1, 2008 IP