1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Absolute minimum CPC ?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by anjanesh, Nov 13, 2009.

I started a low-budget adwords campaign for a personal profile.
    No sales, no profit. Its just promoting a personal website.
    Most of the keywords are uncommon ones and are pretty rare in the advertising industry. When searching for most of these keywords, almost no ads show up.

So I've given max CPC as 0.10 and budget 5 per day.
    - even though most of these keywords' suggested CPC for 1st page bid is 2.20 ! I dont see why because on searching for any of these keywords there are 0 ads !
    So shouldnt .01 CPC be good enough for impressions ? Or is there a absolute min CPC for any keyword ?

Thanks

anjanesh, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  2. nyxano

nyxano Peon

Best Answers:
    CPC has other factors. It's not just price. Quality Score and Click Thru Ratio play a huge part as well. Google unlike other PPC companies show Ads based on relevance first. Someone paying only $0.25 CPC could be in the top spot with a QS of 10/10 and a CTR of 10% while the person in the second slot with a QS of 9/10 and CTR of 4% could be paying $0.50 CPC.

Improve your QS and CTR and your CPC will go down.

nyxano, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  3. Panda

Panda Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your QS will be the problem. Make sure that the keywords you're bidding on appear in your ad text and on your landing page.

Panda, Nov 17, 2009 IP