1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About Website error fixing contest.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by yeadh, Oct 21, 2015.

Hi all,
    I believe in DP there are so many Web developer as well as Designer.But here I found only designing contest like ...
    $20 Logo Contest
    $30 Logo Design Contest - 72 Hrs
    and many.But I don't found any web Development contest here.For website error fixing they find other place for a developer but If they post here there website problem as contest or whatever I think he/she will get his/her website's error solution very fast.
    What you think guys?

yeadh, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    In my mind the time involved in developing a logo is quite small compared to the time to look at someone junk code hunting an error.

Smyrl, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  3. yeadh

yeadh Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes I understand but they can post about small fixing like css effects,css edit, add sidebar in website, add slider etc.
    Or this is only my think about developing contest .

yeadh, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There's nothing to stop you creating a thread in the Programming section of Buy/Sell/Trade stating that it's a contest and not a traditional payrate.

Something to consider - if you can't code it yourself how do you judge the best solution? How do you know it's secure etc? Do you rely on community feedback?

Years ago I took on some little jobs to help people out - back before WP and Joomla were big deals - and just working with clients to get all the ftp info, mysql and understand what their code did took more time than the job and the money just wasn't worth it.

sarahk, Oct 21, 2015 IP