1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About the new forum member Milhouse2011

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Milhouse2011, Jan 7, 2013.

NOTE: Edited for easier reading.

Milhouse2011 is not an established writer, self published writer or even an aspiring writer. Milhouse2011 is a rare specimen known as the unwilling writer. Milhouse2011 believes that writing is neither a talent nor the result of hard work. Writing, by his definition, can be achieved by anyone with a writing apparatus and a basic command of the English language.

Milhouse2011 was blessed with the ability for writing being encoded into his genetic sequence. However, Milhouse2011 had little interest in pursuing a writing career. As a consequence, Milhouse2011's life up to this point has been a domino chain of epic failures, bitter disappointments and crushing defeats in various endeavors to forge a life of success.

After 33 years of walking life with nothing to show for it, Milhouse2011 came to the conclusion that God was engineering these events until he finally cracked and became either a writer or a priest. After careful consideration, Milhouse2011 decided that writing was the lesser of two evils as the priesthood meant no longer getting laid and a paycheck less than a 15 year old would earn at McDonalds.

The tragedy that Milhouse2011 faces through all of this is that the act of writing has become an instinct of sorts. Lions hunt, birds fly, fish swim, Milhouse2011 writes. Milhouse2011 has often wondered if God dropped the ball when it came to giving him his talent.

Salvation for Milhouse2011 came in the form of blogging. Although he doesn't officially have one yet, the idea of writing a blog while sitting on top of his garbage pile of broken dreams did have some appeal to Milhouse2011. If there's one thing Milhouse2011 can gain from blogging, it's the fact that he can blog about anything he wants and not care in the least about how many people read his post, let alone leave a comment.

Milhouse2011, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    New forum member Milhouse2011 has talent but, he needs to learn to use paragraphs. (sorry but I'm a type A.:))

Spoiltdiva, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  3. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like he just used some forum autopost bot that failed lol...
    And why is he talking about himself in 3:rd person?

Wulkanen, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  4. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2011 is over.

Talking in 3rd person is over.

People are over falling for forum spam in the guise of an article.

If this were my forum this entire thread would be over.

YMC, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  5. blueink

blueink Member

Best Answers:
    I think he is trying to tell the world that he is a writer. I think. :confused:

blueink, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  6. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lmao @ ymc

Senobia, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  7. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, edited that a buttload of times, but caps do not take. Meh.

Senobia, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @Milhouse2011
    I see you've gone back and edited, putting in paragraphs.....well done!:)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  9. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the goal was to get people to read the post and talk about it - mission accomplished. It was an unique post and one that isn't easily forgotten. Interesting tactic.

As for the spam reference - spamming what? The person can't have a signature yet and nothing was in the post trying to sell anything other than himself or visit a site or asking to be contacted for more information or download link.

It's just an unique and creative way to get their first post noticed and their name remembered.

TextServices, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I concur and feel there is a certain amount of competitive jealousy in this forum. Some elitist thinking also and it's highly irritating.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  11. blueink

blueink Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. The post is quite good actually. Not spam at all. :)

blueink, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  12. blueink

blueink Member

Best Answers:
    'elitist thinking'? You couldn't be more spot on if you tried. :p

blueink, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  13. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One doesn't need to drop a link to be spamming when they are establishing themselves on the web by consistently using the same moniker and posting the same text on multiple forums.

Guess I've just been on these forums too long and have seen too many of these one post wonders. Did any of you even bother to Google his username or sections of the post? I did because I wanted to see more of what this guy is about. Yes, I see every new member here as potential competition but I also hope they are someone who can add to the conversation around here. All I found was a series of forums where this same piece was submitted and millhouse2011 had made no contributions to the forums.

YMC, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  14. TextServices

Best Answers:
    Oh well... So if this person doesn't contribute to the forum ever again, no big deal. Now if this person posted a lot and contributed absolutely nothing of any real value, then I could see people getting annoyed. But, one post? Who cares? The thread will die off eventually and be forgotten.

TextServices, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    FYI I sent Milhouse2011 a PM inviting him to join us on the copywriters forum. So he then decides to create a thread on here. That is some welcome he has received. North Carolina & Texas...is this southern hospitality?

Spoiltdiva, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  16. TextServices

Best Answers:
    Well... all I can say is, Welcome to the Forum Millhouse! Seems your first post caused some skepticism, but hopefully you got a good chuckle out of it and it won't prevent you from actually contributing to the forum. lol!

17. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One hit wonder

MarTh-, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  18. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search Google for a phrase from this post...there are over 90 matches dating back to the summer of 2011. They are all for forums. The ones that I checked all have just this one post from Millhouse. He never acknowledged the welcomes he received which range from very warm to four-letter word hostile. He never made any other posts on the sites I checked.

I originally did the search to find his site. This text reads like an About Us page. While 3rd person gets on my nerves, there is no question that it is well written. I wanted to see what he is about. Instead of finding a site or a blog, I found someone who has been trolling forums with the same post for 18 months.

I did some research. I took the time to try to learn more about the person behind the post. There is nothing there but more odd posts like this one. I'm all for welcoming and helping newbies. It's often the newbie who sparks a conversation that can lead to new ideas.

If you want to defend someone who seems to be trolling the web looking for praise of this single piece of writing, have at it. Maybe the folks in TX and NC are simply more jaded than the rest of you and tired of being taken for fools.

YMC, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  19. TextServices

Best Answers:
    Okay... so if this person never makes another post on this forum or others, then so be it. No harm done really. No sense getting all worked up about this person if one post is made and then the person is never seen or heard from again. If this person does decide to make additional posts and genuinely wants to participate in this forum, then there is nothing wrong with that either.

So what if people commented on the post? Maybe praised, gave some feedback, didn't like it, or whatever? So what if I welcomed this person to the forum? You never know. The person may decide to break pattern and actually participate on the forum. Maybe this person won't. Either way, it's really not that big of a deal.

20. Milhouse2011

Milhouse2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't usually reply to my introduction thread but due to some observations about my modus operandi, I'll desist from using the 3rd person and address these concerns.
    It's true that I've used this introduction in multiple forums as a standard piece. I don't consider that lazy nor is it trolling. I feel that my intro explains who I am and what I'm about. One should note that this particular introduction is my third version.
    Being an unwilling writer is a type of personal hell. The reality is that you have a talent for something that doesn't interest me. The sad thing is while I have great hostility for the vocation of writing, I do it because

The reason I don't last long on a lot of writing forum is due to my personal war with being a writer.

Milhouse2011, Jan 20, 2013 IP