1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About given up.....

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jfoster1980, Jun 18, 2007.

Anyone give me some good ideas on how to make money online, I'm not looking for some get rich quick stuff either some real legitimate ideas. I have tried everything possible I can think of over the past 7 years and have not produced any results but a measly $10 Bucks. I want to start a website but don't have a clue on what the money makers are. Any advice would be great.

jfoster1980, Jun 18, 2007 IP
    BigBadWolf likes this.
  2. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    wow...7 years and only $10 bucks? I started 2 months ago(1 month and 3 weeks exactly) and I earned $8...this forum helped me a lot..actually i started almost one year ago but I fall to hypes (dam*)..you should try affiliate marketing and adsense...for link building, check others backlinks, try to follow, and social bookmarking too...article submissions and press release.

Most important: content and backlinks. You must have a website, without a website/blog, you won't get anything.

wokaka, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  3. cherry_yuya

cherry_yuya Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should start by specifying in DETAIL what you have done in the past 7 years. Then we could evaluate and learn from that.

cherry_yuya, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  4. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    just focus on what you're doing. I am a newbie too and I am always asking everyone in this forum and maybe many people think "hey wokaka is a newbie. I think I should not talk to him."...lol...but I know one day everything will be much better for me and my life.
    Maybe you're not focus and not learn many things in 7 years..you need to always learn and learn...

wokaka, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  5. jfoster1980

jfoster1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes indeed I have tried MLM, Affiliate Marketing, bought Traffic, bought websites and promoted with PPC, Bought Traffic, Link Exchanges, adsense/adwords, traffic exchange bought traffic, the list goes on....

6. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest thinking about a hobby/topic/niche that you are really interested in or already like to do. Then, create a website for it. If you build a website around something you know nothing about but you think will make tons of money, I don't think it will be as successful, or enjoyable, as doing a website on something that you already have an interest in...

Firegirl, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  7. jfoster1980

jfoster1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm never thought of it that way Fire thanks!

8. whatsthedeal

whatsthedeal Active Member

Best Answers:
    If after 7 years you haven't earned - I would seriously reconsider if this is right for you. I fyou have fun doing it - great, but if you ar ecounting on marketing as your main source of income you need to stop now and think this one through. =D

whatsthedeal, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  9. LilyUK

LilyUK Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I agree with Firegirl. If money has been your only focus then your motivation is bound to suffer when the site or project is making the cash you wanted it to. If you work on something you are truly passionate about it will help you break through those down days that we all have from time to time and carry you through. When people are passionate about something they tend to come across as genuine and on the internet that's really important. Personally I think the success of social sites and blogs stems from people wanting the internet to be less faceless and more personal - after all, we're all faces behind the screen, right?

If you find something you're passionate about you can bet your bottom dollar you'll work harder and it and you will find a way to make it succeed.

Good luck
    Lily

LilyUK, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  10. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    To add on to what people have already said, it's best to go back and see if you can figure out why you weren't making money back then. You listed a lot of things you tried and didn't make money with...perhaps you just weren't doing them right? (no offense). I suggest to start reading articles and any free e-books you can find about making money online, and try to integrate that information with a specific passion of yours. And perhaps you can get more specific as to what you did, since "MLM" and "Affiliate Marketing" are quite generic...what were you trying to market?

ez-online-money.com, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  11. trouble4u2avoid

trouble4u2avoid Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, 7 years and $10..you must be kidding LOL I have only been on line searching and have made a couple hundred bucks. Mostly from surveys but I can't stand to do them all the time. I just started with Adsense and I had a measley 32 cents for 3 months. Within the past month I have managed to up my KITTY to $50.
    You just have to learn HOW to do things and WHERE the money is. I still have lots to learn and I have built a website yet. I started a blog but I failed to put meta tags. LOL
    Right now, I'm just concentrating on revenue sharing sites and social networking communities.

trouble4u2avoid, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  12. PaulFOX

PaulFOX Member

Best Answers:
    Don't give up. I have been a webmaster for almost a year now and have personally experienced a lot of ups and downs. My first website failed due to many mistakes I had made. I could have given up but instead moved on to another project ensuring to avoid the same mistakes.

I'm sure that in the 7 years of working on websites you have gained a lot of knowledge concerning the web. I truly believe that the key is to focus on your interests and build from there.

PaulFOX, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  13. Ernster

Ernster Peon

Best Answers:
    I would start building your own mailing list around a subject you have a great knowlege in and then you can send out a weekly newsletter and sell products too. You can also run a blog around the subject and have the opt in form on your blog too.

Ernster, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  14. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do some freelance writing work or forum posting, as you have more experience, your income increases

dnk, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  15. adv4all

adv4all Peon

Best Answers:
    i think after 7 years you should do one thing , just stay focus on how to make money and nothing else ,,
    but personally i want to thank you alot for this post , i was upset the last 20 days the earning wasn't good but after i saw your post i felt a great relif ..
    thanks , best wishes

adv4all, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  16. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    start from what you want to do, keep improving and join affiliate marketing which is still in one "zone" with you. In example if your website about basketball, join affiliate marketing that sell basket shirts, basketball star players photos, etc.

wokaka, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  17. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously, nothing against you but watching that you've just got $10 bucks in 7 years of internet i think you should focus more on learning(html, css, php) and then build a website. I know that there's some people on the net that gets a good money and don't know any programming and stuff... but MOST of them got a pretty good knowledge, because in the beggining, you can't just hire people to do the work for you as you don't have money.

It's like when ur a kid and go to school, you to go school to learn before doing something, it's just like the same on the internet.

Once you know enoght html, php and css you can start a website of the niche that you like(not the ones that are profitable) and work hard on it, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE that you don't earn more than $10 bucks. Also try to learn some SEOing and how to advertise on PPC campaigns, once you have learned the basics, to be a guru is just about how much effort you put into it.

Thiagoo, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  18. kidder

kidder Peon

Best Answers:
    Write a book on how not to make money online :) seriously! People can learn just from that - What about the 'not so rich Jerk" the other thing you should look at is new trends - Look at where the web is going and try and get ahead of the curve.

kidder, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  19. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    what are you passionate about ?
    You have to Want and Enjoy your websites, keep promoting and adding useful information and guest will continue to show up ;)

Brandon Sheley, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  20. droopy420

droopy420 Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a long break and figure out what it is you really wanna do. Make some goals. Then come back and really work towards those goals. Stick with just one thing and don't jump from one project to another. How did you make that $10? Go make $10 more dollars, then $100, then $1000, etc.

droopy420, Jun 18, 2007 IP