1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

?? about either Google Sitemap or Google's crawls

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by sketch, Apr 15, 2006.

I've been using Google's Sitemap feature for a couple weeks now and am pleased by the reports.
    SEMrush
    Every 3 days or so there are more pages of mine indexed by Google. But whenever I go under "Crawl Stats", under Status and The PageRank of your pages on Google, both say "Data is not available at this time". Is this because that function is unavailable or what? If it is, it's been down for 2 weeks, is this normal?

It almost makes it seem like my site isn't being crawled, but if there are more pages in the index, and there's hits from Googlebot in my access logs, I AM being crawled, right? :confused:

sketch, Apr 15, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    It will take more time.

Mong, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  3. sketch

sketch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So then is Google using Sitemaps as a way to avoid crawling? It seems rather inefficient to me for Google to index pages on one trip and make another trip to crawl the site. It makes sense to me that Google would actually use Sitemap and not crawl my site at all since every single page is on the sitemap.

sketch, Apr 16, 2006 IP