1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About Bing?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by dreamview, Nov 27, 2009.

1. cyberfreakz

cyberfreakz Peon

Best Answers:
    @e-berlin.org
    Bing doesnt uses Yahoo's database.. its the otherway!

And answering the main question, Bing started off with great pomp, attracting loads of users, but i'm seeing the trend dieing out now. Most people still stick with google.
    Bing and Ask give a good amount of UK traffic.

cyberfreakz, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  2. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    When I used Microsoft in my post then I got some traffic from Bing.
    Otherwise till now I have never got anything from there. :D
    So, I always think they need more Microsoft thing to bring your site on top. :p

- Mr.president -

Digital_shubhi, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  3. ivanf

ivanf Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing doesn't give as much traffic as google, so I would focus on being ranked No. 1 on google.

ivanf, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  4. Jectillplum

Jectillplum Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing can not give huge visitor and google can give huge visitor so google is no 1

Jectillplum, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  5. Spawned

Spawned Member

Best Answers:
    what about bings new ad program they have. I got an email about a month ago. Has anyone even considered that or talked about it?

I think Bing is a joke, honestly, they will never compete with google.

Spawned, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  6. dj0471

dj0471 Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to cope with both Bing and Google;the amount of effort you put in should be in proportion to the return you will get from the traffic levels....

dj0471, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  7. WebshoppeSolutions

WebshoppeSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a hardcore skeptic ..

Years ago, before Google came along, it was all about Alta Vista ..

Keyword search ruled the day.

One of the things that I've found interesting about Bing is that it is more keyword saavy than Google ..

This could be the reason why some of you think it's easy to rank in the Bing index.

Another interesting observation I made about Bing albeit ever so indirectly is the fact that after so many years, Google is actually doing something on it's own.

I'll cite Google Caffeine in this case .. I tried it out and it smacks of Bing in so many ways it's not funny .. and here's the kicker .. Caffeine is more keyword oriented ..

I'm leaning in thought toward the fact that Bing might actually have something that Google is afraid of .. or at least is wary of.

Google became known for it's Page Rank .. something that was written all of those many years ago ..

I also notice that nearly everything Google has built on it's own, has failed in one way or the other ..

Google News isn't read as much or as often as Yahoo's ... Gmail, though nice .. still trails hotmail and yahoo in use ..

Google has purchased all of the technology from others that even smacks of success .. Youtube for instance, was built by someone else .. Googles translation service was built by and purchased from someone else .. Blogger was built by someone else .. and even the Google Chrome browser is based on open source .. built by someone else.

IMO, Google so far, has done more to purchase their reputation over the years than they've done in building it.

If something that came along even looked like a success, Google was all over it with money .. purchasing it, and either completely doing away with it or incorporating it into their services somewhere ..

Google hasn't built anything that it couldn't purchase outright first.

Which leads us all back to Bing ..

Google can't purchase Bing ..
    So it attempts to compete with Bing through Caffeine .. which, incidently, looks, acts, and feels, in so many ways, like a clone to Bing.

Could Microsoft actually be on to something here? Maybe.

I've never seen Google move so fast, in such a short period of time, as it has since Bing entered the picture.

And again .. with Google being late to the game with news, mail, social networking, and blogging .. what kind of a chance will it have, for instance, against Microsoft's many years of graphics and video rendering (street views and maps).

How will Googles Compaq Presarios stack up to a company that's been building servers for years?

Your guess on many of these questions could be as good as mine, but I think there is something in the works here .. Bing won't kill Google .. but Bing, I think .. will put Google on the defensive with regard to development.

--

Still .. even now .. you don't get much traffic from Bing. Fair enough I suppose, because back in the day, one would get more traffic from HotBot and Lycos than they ever would from Google ..

Branding will direct the course of Bing just like it did with Google all of those many years ago ..

You may not get much traffic now, but you will .. such is the nature of the beast in the search industry. Search endices have always shuffled themselves around each other ..

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
    WebshoppeSolutions, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Most large companies do. Microsoft, for example, has created little, if anything, including DOS.
    You are forgetting that Bing is attempting to compete with Google. Bing is the underdog, not Google.
    Probably because they had the tech in the back room all along and only brought it out early.
    Some of that pre-exists Microsoft, too, but blogging and social networking? I think Google had the jump on MS there. Remember when Gates said there was no use for the internet or somesuch?
    Google has more years experience than Microsoft.
    Google does not manufacture hardware. Microsoft's servers only serve 23% of the internet. Everything else is Unix/Linux/BSD. Google is Linux.
    All companies are aware of their competitor but Bing has made no dent in the search arena and is far behind everyone else in cloud and mobile computing. So far, Microsoft is just a fly in the ointment.

drhowarddrfine, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  9. akituch

akituch Member

Best Answers:
    I like bing interface... ^_^

akituch, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  10. WebshoppeSolutions

WebshoppeSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    IBM and Microsoft developed together and split the spoils when they parted ways.

Bing is anything but the underdog (Cuil would fit the underdog description better)

LOL .. could be .. who knows? :D

MSNGroups existed long before Google decided to "buy" social networking software.

Point taken.

Or a rock in Googles shoe ... but just the same .. Cloud Computing will go the way of Web 2.0 .. there are some pet projects in this world that were never meant to be and hanging around in the cloud is one of them.

As far as graphics rendering? Google wasn't around in 1985 when Microsoft was cutting it's teeth on graphics ..

Are you sure you gave Caffeine a try?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  11. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope. That was PC-DOS created for IBM PCs later. MS-DOS was purchased from another company as Q-DOS.
    You think 8% or less market share doesn't make them an underdog?
    iirc, wasn't MSNGroups just newsgroups?
    Web 2.0 IS working in the cloud (not to be confused with another form of cloud computing using networked computers working on one problem). The mobile web is working in the cloud. Much more to come.
    MS had graphics in 1985? I was working at Silicon Graphics then and we were the leader. Actually, MS has hired some of the best graphics minds in the business, people I really look up to, but I'm not sure I've seen anything come out of that research lab.
    I have not. I have enough to read, see, test, do, blah.

drhowarddrfine, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  12. WebshoppeSolutions

WebshoppeSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup .. good old Atari .. who could ever forget those guys? 8 bit was all the rage LOL

Fact of the matter is that though there were/are as many version of DOS floating around in those days as there are Linux versions these days (maybe more), Microsoft was quick to reduce MS-DOS to nearly nothing as early as workgroup 3.1 (boot loader)

Microsoft was working on the graphic scene as far back as their 8086 days and didn't release any completed projects until the 16 bit 3.0 (mid 80's thru early 90's)

13. Selena21

Selena21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think bing is not so useful as getting some traffic to your site. In google it does give very fruitful result for getting good keyword on top.

Selena21, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  14. christyzen

christyzen Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I really dont wanna promote my site on bing, Bing i m getting very few visitors through bing compare with google.

christyzen, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  15. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Still i m not believe that bing is good search engine, its act like a lazy thing. No more improvement for my site, So that i simply gave up bing.

joelchrist, Dec 7, 2009 IP