1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About Alexa Ranking

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by Akash Mishra, Apr 30, 2013.

Please tell me on what basis Alexa Ranking is evaluate. I heard that Alexa show Ranking among those website who are opened in the browser which have installed Alexa Toolbar.
    Is it true...?

Akash Mishra, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  2. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yea it averages them out but only counts traffic from their toolbar users. It gives a good basis to evaluate on but is not something to rely on by any means. When buying / selling a site you still need AWstats or Google analytics.

MarcL, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  3. Akash Mishra

Akash Mishra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One more thing I want to ask, Can we get Alexa Ranking" by geographical location, I mean for any particular Country like India or USA etc.

Akash Mishra, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right, the traffic status is based on the traffic from the visitor with alexa tools installed only

lifeplayer, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  5. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Akash,
    why to bother about Alexa ranking as it is not true and only based upon the number of visitors of your site with Alexa toolbar..Sometime, it shows high traffic due to high bounce rate of a site then why to trust on the traffic on the basis of Alexa rank..

afoley77, May 1, 2013 IP