1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by hostlonestar, May 25, 2009.

What is everyone's take on Abortion? Personally, I am against it except in extreme cases such as Rape. My view isn't jaded by religion, I don't have an invisible friend. My view comes from the fact that according to US law, if a person kills a pregnant woman, that person can be charged with murder of an unborn baby if that baby dies as well. The law states knowledge of the womans pregnancy is not required. Also, if an OB Dr. is legally responsible for an unborn baby, and that baby dies because of his/her mistakes, that Dr. is responsible for the death of that unborn baby.

When do you believe life begins? Conception? Birth? What?

What do you believe the limit on when a woman can have an abortion should be? if any.

Do you think it is a choice only the woman can make, regardless of the man's choice in the matter? Do you think it should only be the woman's choice?

discuss.

hostlonestar, May 25, 2009 IP
  2. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    life begins at birth. mother is the only one that makes the decision up to that point.
    as far as the other law i find it unnecessary

pizzaman, May 25, 2009 IP
  3. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you believe that? Don't just say you believe something, tell us why.

Also, do you have kids?

4. glendowney

glendowney Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think life begins at birth and I think that abortion should be an option for any woman. Having a baby will change your life, and if getting pregnant was a mistake from a one night stand then a woman should be able to get rid of the baby.

I do think the father should get a say and if both are in agreement of an abortion then it should be done. However it gets tricky when one wants the baby and the other doesn't. If the mother wants the kid and the father doesn't then the word abortion shouldn't come into play, the mother is the one giving birth so, if she feels she can support the baby on her own, then so be it. However if it is the father who wants the baby and the mother doesn't, it gets tricky and arguments start to happen.

Some women would say they should have the last word on the matter of whether they have an abortion or not as they are the ones giving birth, but I feel a man has the same right to decide as the women, and a man's say is just as equal to that of the mother.

glendowney, May 25, 2009 IP
  5. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    in what respect?
    from a biological point of view humans are air breathing animals fetus is not. so it is not a human but a part of the mothers body
    from a religious point of view. god made the the fetus inside the mother's body and 100% depend of her. so that is that.

6. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    What about when the baby has a heart beat? Does that not mean there is life? What about when the baby is old enought to survive without the mother?

At what point does one say no, you can not have an abortion.

7. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Though not fully developed, I understand that babies can survive outside the womb without extreme measures around 6-7 months. That said, as a father of at least 5 children(only 5 legitimate ones), I have some experience with the subject. I think that abortion should be a womans choice until a child is age 3. For male offspring, the Father should have the choice to abort up until age 13 or so.

Obamanation, May 25, 2009 IP
  8. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    what is so special about heart? when the fetus is born it breathes. becomes a human. when he stops breathing he dies. stops being human.it becomes a corpse and is buried. if a fetus is not breathing at the time of birth it never becomes a human. line is very clear.
    the mother i the only one that can say no at any point she wants until the baby is born

9. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    onation is rambling again like a true republican. can smel it a mile away

10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Those are good points Pizzaman(except insulting me by calling me a Republican). I would go a step further though. If for any reason a doctor puts someone on artificial respiration(they cannot breath on their own), any resulting death resulting from medical malpractice should not be the fault of the doctor, since the person was unable to breathe on their own and were therefore, already dead. I'm good with that.

11. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    again regardless of what science can do or can not when you stop breathing you die. dr might help you breathe or not? what is the point?

12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    You made the point that, so long as you are breathing, you are human. I was just helping to drive your point home that the moral obligations we owe to a "human" should not apply to non-humans, or those who cannot breathe on their own, such as babies who breath via umbilical cord, or those in hospitals breathing by means of artificial respiration. While efforts should be made to see if those things might breathe one day in the future and become "Human", we should feel no moral loss if that day does not arrive for any reason.

Unrelated question, but do you have kids? I think if you did, you would probably subscribe more to my views on the issue.

13. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    babies do not breathe [air] patient in hospital do. simple enough. why having a kid gies you the right to infringe on the mother's right to her body?

14. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I know, the whole concept of reproduction and littleones pisses me off to. If it werent for the EITC and welfare money, I probably would cut wide swath around it. You still didnt mention if you have kids....

15. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol here you go to the deep end again.
    i do not have kids.

16. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm against abortion, but for killing babies.

A sendup to George Carlin.

Jackuul, May 25, 2009 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    People will always make the choice to have an abortion if they don't want to have a child. The only difference between it being legal and not legal is whether those abortions are made in a safe way that does not harm the woman.

Zibblu, May 25, 2009 IP
  18. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    the point i am making is that not only legally but also morally and religiously a woman's choice and i think i have proven just that.

19. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    You have said if you do not breathe you are dead correct? Well, I held my breath and am still hear. Now, if you do not have a heartbeat...you are dead. Without a beating heart...you are not alive. All people die from a stopped heart, what causes that is what people consider the cause of death, but, in reality it is the stopping of the heart.

Now, the differance between me and the republican party is I don't want to take away the womans right to choose, whatever. That is her own choice.

However, me personally, I am against it. However, if my sister said she was having an abortion, I wouldn't stop talking to her :D IF my wife said it, I would probably divorce her (except in extreme cases such as rape). You can always give the child up for adoption and give it a chance.

@ Obamaworshipper ( :D )

21 weeks is the youngest a baby has survived, hospitals will not intervene until about 23 weeks to save the baby generally. And generally the baby will be born with birth defects.

Why has no one else taken to post on this issue?

Oh and pizzaman, IMO having a baby will change your mind completely (at least it did mine)

20. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Say hello to the Heart and Lung machine. No heartbeat required.
    [​IMG]

Jackuul, May 25, 2009 IP