1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Abortion, Good- Bad

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by diarmuid, May 30, 2007.

1. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, so how would explain the percentage that toughed it out and didn't kill themselves? Do I get good credit for those? :D

SolutionX, May 31, 2007 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My wife was only 16 when she had her first child despite the people around her saying it would ruin her life. I also know people who were in similar situations and some who opted for abortion who have regretted it since.

-gworld -
    Now Our son is 18, (I had adopted him after we got married) but since he will be thinking for himself he will probably vote for more Republicans than democrats, should he be aborted? It shouldn't be too late to do it now.

debunked, May 31, 2007 IP
  3. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone is different, everyone has different limits, and everyone responds differently to situations. That is another key point, why it is unfair for someone to sit here and say that abortion is wrong, different people in different situations have different circumstances.

In the same way, your actions affect other people differently.

Someone with a gun put to his head, might turn round and attempt to disarm the guy with the gun, another guy might run into the traffic..

So no, you don't get good credit.

diarmuid, May 31, 2007 IP
  4. TheMarketingMadman

TheMarketingMadman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Moderately Hilarious............:D

TheMarketingMadman, May 31, 2007 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And what's this got to do with anything? :rolleyes:

Your wife HAD THE FREE CHOICE not to abort and other people should have the same choice to make a decision that is best for them instead of you or other people making it for them. ;)

In the end, it is about the right of individual to decide over their own body.

gworld, May 31, 2007 IP
  6. TheMarketingMadman

TheMarketingMadman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good points, well said .....Bravo

TheMarketingMadman, May 31, 2007 IP
  7. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Who forced who to have a baby? are these women raped?

So we should be allowed to kill new borns too, they need people to care for them, so do pensioners etc

Toopac, May 31, 2007 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It does not need to be rape, it can be a condom that breaks, it can be the pill that didn't work and woman get pregnant. If you REMOVE THEIR FREE CHOICE to continue with pregnancy or terminate it, then you are forcing them to have the child.

gworld, May 31, 2007 IP
  9. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people have had abortions, and it has worked out well for them, people make decisions, sometimes they work out for the best, sometimes they don't.

I am honestly glad that it worked out for you. However there are also cases where it doesn't work out, and I wish those people had maybe considered all the alternatives.

10. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    No, In the end it's about the right of an individual to decide whether or not another individual can live.

11. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    So you are suggesting that they did not know that was a possibility or that they didn't know sex causes reproduction?

Don't they have free choice to abstain from sex to prevent accidents in the first place?

Toopac, May 31, 2007 IP
  12. Libertate

Libertate Guest

Best Answers:
    What choices does the man have in an abortion?

Libertate, May 31, 2007 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean I just killed 2 individual chicken by making an omelet in the morning? :rolleyes:

gworld, May 31, 2007 IP
  14. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    I phrased it very carefully, they don't need a specific person. A fetus or embryo needs a specific person, the person they were concieved in. Pensioners, new borns don't because at that point it is not nessecary for them to have their mother caring for them.

At the point that , the embryo/fetus is not actually a human and it lives only through the mother. Which is the crucial difference, between abortion and what you speak of.

15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So what is your suggestion now, everyone should abstain from sex? :rolleyes:

Or may be they can become "republican" and join the others in the closet, so they can have sex without the risk of reproduction. :D

gworld, May 31, 2007 IP
  16. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    You forget about gworld? I don't think he can survive without his mother caring for him, so can I abort him? ...please? ;)

17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I was just pretending so your mom will breast feed me, I was surprised that it worked. :D

gworld, May 31, 2007 IP
  18. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    No quite the opposite, they can do what they like, but accept the consequences of their actions.

I mean, you said what if the "condom breaks" yet when people have sex even using a condom they know that they could still catch aids or some other nasty infection yet they continue accepting the risk, the same applies to babies too you accept the risk whilst having sex.

If a women had sex & caught aids, then who forced that on her?

If a women had sex & become pregnant, then who forced that on her?

Did she not make a decision already in both cases to accept the risk?

Toopac, May 31, 2007 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So what happens if instead of Aids, the woman gets chlamydia? She should just ignore and live with it because she took a risk by having sex and therefore she is not entitled to use penicillin to cure it. :rolleyes:

gworld, May 31, 2007 IP
  20. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    Could that not almost be considered as a personal attack on another member? And a quite unprovoked one come to think of it...:p

But aside from that, whilst people do realise that sex can cause reproduction... They don't realise that on there way home they are going to be raped, or they didn't know that the condom was going to split... They didn't know that the pill wasn't going to work because they accidentally took the wrong pill.

And also, you would be supprised about the number of people who fall victim to the myths regarding what can cause pregnancies...

Finally... I'm sorry to say, but those of us that are humans, occasionally make mistakes...