1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A what if question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jody Allen, Apr 5, 2013.

Hey guys what would you do if the Internet ceased to exist?

Jody Allen, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  2. Auriga Swayze

Auriga Swayze Member

Best Answers:
    Think about going outside... Maybe.

Auriga Swayze, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  3. Nucita

Nucita Member

Best Answers:
    I will freak out!!! after that, I will have to learn how to use a library again...and finally I will have social life with real people...:rolleyes:
    I'm serious!!!

Nucita, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  4. Brett Booker

Brett Booker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would just get really high

Brett Booker, Apr 6, 2013 IP
    Nicholas Pope likes this.
  5. Jody Allen

Jody Allen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would read a lot of books.

Jody Allen, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  6. Chase Hainey

Chase Hainey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Considering if the Internet stopped working, most computers would stop working also. A What good is a computer without the Internet. B what could cause the Internet to stop working but not effect computers in general.

I would probably go outside as well. I would have rather lived in a time where this stuff never existed than having it for awhile and then taken away.

Chase Hainey, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Celebrate.

I have nothing against the Internet, but no Internet would likely mean technology in general is not working (it's an integral part these days). It would be an interesting time to live in.

ryan_uk, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  8. samanthalong

samanthalong Member

Best Answers:
    Visit people... Be sociable... Probably lose weight from all the exercise instead of staying in on a computer all day and night!

samanthalong, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  9. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would visit the library a lot more often. I would get a house phone hooked up for talking to my family. I would probably get a set of encyclopedias as well. No more facebook games.?? a lot of people would be lost for a while. hehe. :p

Karen May Jones, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  10. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

REVOLUTION (The TV Series) would be pretty cool, I would prefer to live in The Walking Dead though I think lol

Nicholas Pope, Apr 8, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. eurovps_klaus

eurovps_klaus Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people are mentioning of doing stuff outside, I guess that's an instinctive thought. Have you guys also thought about how many things in our daily lives beside personal computers make use of the internet technology? And how this would impact our daily lives if it ceased to exist?
    A lot of information in schools are gathered and taught to children with the use of internet.
    Communication for businesses and even personal communication between family members would not go like we are used, e-mail, VoIP, IM, etc.

Think about how many things we rely on that indirectly rely on the internet.
    Let it sink in.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
    eurovps_klaus, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  12. Karen May Jones

Best Answers:
    Thats all good and well. But I lived the time prior to no internetz. Before video games, before plumbing ... lmao.

Karen May Jones, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  13. eurovps_klaus

eurovps_klaus Peon

Best Answers:

You're correct, some people actually look back to the old times and wish they could re-live those times simply because the world has gotten too modern for their comfort. But on the other hand the majority of us have adapted and grown accustomed to the modern day technology and can't imagine going back to what it used to be in the past. I'm not saying it is impossible, but a lot of things would have to change for that to happen.

eurovps_klaus, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  14. Karen May Jones

Best Answers:
    I dont mind many of todays conveniences. I'm not too thrilled about the digital tv thing, but I aint going to write ten paragraphs on that. :D. It's laughable when I look at the younger generation.... and they can't cope without their smartphone. It's a freaking freak out.

There are people in my family who dont know what an old fashioned phone book is/was. ;). I would be lost without an air conditioner, and I really love my desktop computer. If the internet ceased to exist, I guess I could get a job teaching people how to survive, communicate, and exercise a little patience. <3

Karen May Jones, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  15. eurovps_klaus

eurovps_klaus Peon

Best Answers:
    The amount of people that would lose their jobs if everything internet related stops is immense! So having a job teaching that would be a very good thing to do then. Hahaha.

eurovps_klaus, Apr 9, 2013 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.