1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying A VPS with affordable price

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Arick unirow, Oct 13, 2013.

Hi my name is Arick and before explaining what I need, I would like to thank the staffs, All Honorable Members and this great board for teaching me many things.
    DigitalPoint is just like my own home and I am happy to learn many things at this place.

I create this thread because I know there are many representative of great companies in DigitalPoint. I hope to meet them at this place and use their services.

At this moment, I am seeking for a VPS.
    I need a VPS with:
    1. 1 Gb minimum RAM
    2. 20 Gb Minimum Disk Space. There is no need for SSD but having it is a plus.
    3. 100 Gb Minimum Bandwidth (Usually I only use less than 30Gb but More than 1Gb is preferred)
    4. cPanel Control Panel is preferred
    My thoughts:
    1. I think it would be great if you could send the specification along with the price.
    2. Adding discount/promo codes is encouraged.
    3. I would be really happy if there is 'testing periods' such as 'first month free', 1$ first month, etc
    Here few things which I would like to do:
    1. I would like to use the VPS to host several sites (main sites).
    2. I would only use WordPress and plain HTML type sites. At this time, 90% of my sites is Wordpress.

For the budget, I prefer not to list it here. However, I already own two VPSes with price range of $16-$40 (Cloud Plesk and cPanel) from great company (couldn't disclose their name). I expect to get my third VPS from this forum.
    I would be honest, I prefer VPS with low price rather than VPS with high price (if possible). However, the first concern would be features and specification.

Kindly Give me your best specification along with lowest possible prices. If the VPS is great enough, I may upgrade or buy more VPS soon (I always use different VPS for specific projects).

I didn't find a VPS with spectacular specs, just regular VPS which able to deliver good result. I am open for any offer, just send it via PM.
    I respect anyone whom sending me offers. Don't worry if I didn't use/buy the VPS, I may purchase it later.

Notes:
    1. For specific and private question, please use Private Message.
    2. For common and regular question (which may useful for both all of us), you may want to write it in this thread.
    3. If it is possible, just write full spec via PM and not just link (along with price). I always answer PM from anyone.
    4. I encourage anyone to check my profile (and my posts) first before sending me a PM.
    5. I am planning to use Dedicated Server in future (I am not sure about this but this is my goal for next year).
    Thanks for reading this thread.

Arick.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    Arick unirow, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  2. Techlusa

Techlusa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    If you want ping me maybe im able to get one good plan for you ;)

Techlusa, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  3. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Thanks for the reply @Techlusa, I would soon sending you PM. :)

For everyone: I am still looking for VPS at this time. Kindly send any offer via PM.

4. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    This post is to let everyone know if I am still looking for a VPS. Please contact me via PM and I would reply to you as soon as possible.

5. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would recommend you to consider Webhost.uk.net. They have launch a separate website for Cloud based VPS hosting plans. You can refer VPS.UK.COM

I have signed up for Cloud VPS account with them and its performance is good. Frankly speaking, I'm with WebhostUK for more than 3 years and really like to mention every time that their support is incomparable.

Andy01, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  6. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I have checked the site and the offer looks reasonable. A nice site.

For everyone:
    I am still looking for VPS. Please send the offer through PM (if possible).

Arick unirow, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  7. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    88.9% - 8
    I would like to recommend DigitalOcean cloud VPS hosting and 1GB RAM plan comes with 30GB SSD disk, 2TB bandwidth which meets your criteria and the price is $10 per month.
    Only constrain is they don't provide cPanel control panel and you have to purchase it separately.

dumindushalika, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  8. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Thanks for the recommendation. Few minutes ago someone already recommend DigitalOcean via PM.
    I think you were correct. I have checked the site and they didn't offer cPanel for the customer (external license allowed).
    It seems there are lots of people really love DigitalOcean. I have added the company to my 'favorite VPS Provider'. If they provide cPanel for their customer, I would like to be the first to test it.

Once again, thanks for the suggestion.

Arick unirow, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  9. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You can use cPanel on any provider, whether they offer it or not. You just need to purchase your own external license. They are right around $15/mo. from any reliable company.

WSWD, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  10. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    That's correct. However, I do believe it is better to buy VPS from a company which provide control panel such as cPanel. While seeking for VPS, a staff from certified distributor offer external license of cPanel VPS optimized for $13 (promo).

I do appreciate your opinion. The best option surely is buying the license elsewhere if the vendor didn't provide it.

Arick unirow, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  11. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you requiring cPanel as a panel or do you also consider other control panels such as liveConfig or Confixx an option too?

Sensei.Design, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  12. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Other Control Panel is fine but cPanel is preferred because I always think cPanel would make it easier if I decide to move into Dedicated Server in future (only after all target accomplished).

Arick unirow, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  13. itechyou

itechyou Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would say go for vmbox.co, I have used theirs for a while, they have HQ service.

itechyou, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  14. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I am checking at the site at the moment. Quite a nice site. Already added the offer on my list. Still waiting more offers.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

Arick unirow, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  15. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I suggest that you don't go for cPanel because cpanel will add atleast 10 $ in the VPS price and then it won't be cheap. You can do just fine without cpanel. Just use one of the open source panel such as kloxo. The money you will save from cpanel use it to buy a better package.
    Do you know about DME Hosting? They are a relatively big company based in USA and in business for many years and have all sorts of packages. Linux VPS prices are very cheap and I am sure you won't regret buying from them.

newbie191, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  16. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Thanks for the recommendation. I would make sure to check the site.

You were right about cPanel. It would add $5-$15 for the Control Panel itself. I am willing to spend few dollars just for cPanel because I know it would greatly help me manage my sites.

I do understand other panels are great. The problem is, I never use them for my 'main sites'. I do trying lots of 'demos' from various companies but the demos surely has some limitation. I remember bought VPS with Plesk installed but left it untouched (paid monthly) because I am confuse on how to use it. Been reading about plesk but it only confuse me.

I do understand why it is so hard to use the other panel. It is because I used to use cPanel and always comparing it with other panels (in term of usability - I didn't talk about features or any other things, Just my own opinion about cPanel. I do believe other panels are great too).

By comparing what I can do with cPanel and what I want to do with other panels, I do make simple conclusion. Go with other great free (or paid) panels or stick with cPanel but paid more money. I do choose paid more money just to help me manage my sites easily.

I understand it would be easier to learn other panel if I just forget about cPanel completely. It is really hard to learn and use other panel if I always think cPanel is better (in term of easiness to manage the sites) than any other panel.

As I already stated above, the problem is: I never use them in my main (productive) sites. I already paid few dollars just to try Plesk Panel but it confuse me (the GUI is simple but I don't know why, it seems I just don't like it). The GUI has all everything I need such as DNS, Sites management and many other things. But once again, I always comparing it with cPanel. I do sometimes hate myself for using cPanel.
    I completely understand if I use Plesk (or any other panels, free or paid) from the beginning, I may love it and hate cPanel (hate means I may think cPanel is really hard to use).

Another panel which I really love is DirectAdmin, Kloxo and VirtualMin&WebMin. Please understand I just like the GUI and have no idea about the features or any other things (I never tried them, just look at the demos. I do understand loving the Panel just because of the GUI is somewhat 'tragic'. But I think it is better to be honest and that is what I think at the moment).

I do believe one simple thing. Once I fall in love with other panels, I may use it for all my VPS. This is why I said
    I just want to be 'familiar' with the Control Panel.

For everyone whom reading this thread. What I really want is simple. I want my sites to grow and become bigger along with your company. This is why I prefer to talk with the owner/staff of the VPS company. I do apology if any of my comments in this thread sound inappropriate.

Arick.
    Edit: I am forget to add DirectAdmin as my next favorite Panel after cPanel.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    Arick unirow, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  17. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Thanks for your suggestion. I am checking both sites at this time.
    Their plan look nice. I already save it in my list.

For all, I already get lots of offers and I have to admit most of them were awesome. Will try one or two of them in next month (depend on my current project).

Arick unirow, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  18. hranitel

hranitel Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Rivalhost.com provides a lot of attractive VPS deals which can be suitable for the needs of the OP.
    Prices are not high and servers are stable.
    Check out their plans.

hranitel, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  19. Eased

Eased Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Try HostBlizzard.com

Open a sales ticket and they should be able to cater to your needs if they are reasonable.

Eased, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  20. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Thanks for the suggestion. I already checked both sites yesterday.

For Everyone: Thanks for all the help. I already purchase a VPS and paid it for a year in advance.
    If all plans work as expected, I may upgrade and purchase additional VPS in next year.

Arick unirow, Oct 31, 2013 IP