1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A ton of co-op ads...

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by AfterHim.com, May 23, 2005.

I have been seeing as many as 4 co-op ads per refresh on most pages.

Any special reason?

I guess it isn't necessarily a bad thing because it now gives us more exposure over more domains when people see the ads and join.

But how could the impressions stay the same and have all of these additional ads?

AfterHim.com, May 23, 2005 IP
  2. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only see something like that happen after I flush the text ads file and it's starting to populate with new ads.

Dastar, May 24, 2005 IP
  3. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, maybe that is the case....

AfterHim.com, May 24, 2005 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    :confused:

What do you mean? Four of the same ad?

minstrel, May 25, 2005 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    If its 4 of the same ad and you have recently flushed your .txt then it will be back to 5 different ads in no time (Once you ahve enough hits).

4 of the same on someones site would ad no benefit from either the SEO side (Only the first link would count) to the Advertising Side (It would look spammy since they are the same so you would see less clicks)

If you are talking about something else, please post a follow up ;)

yfs1, May 26, 2005 IP
  6. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    AfterHim.com, May 28, 2005 IP
  7. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    I see what you are saying...

Taken from the bottom of his page:
    Magazine Subscriptions - Graduation Gifts - Online Advertising - Online Advertising - Web Advertising

All of the ones that I see doubling or tripling are from digital point. Anything that has to do with advertising leads to http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/

Spanish Recipes - Advertising - Hotel Reservations - Advertising - Web Advertising

Web Advertising - Webdesign - Internet Advertising - Web Directory - Mp3 Converters
    Podiatry Jobs - Advertising - Internet Advertising - Metlife Auto Insurance - Web Advertising

It looks as if there are 2 -3 of the ads all leading to digitalpoint. Is this a bug shawn or is this because you have such a phenomenal amount of weight that it is wiping other people from getting their ads in there :)?

Free Advertising - Military - Internet Advertising - Donate Car - Internet Advertising

Perhaps there should be something in the script that only allows a URL to come up once... it is really not doing any good coming up more than once. This way, even if that same URL has 300 different ads, only one of those ads will appear per refresh. Just a thought.

ProductivePC, May 28, 2005 IP
  8. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sure ts a weight thing more then a bug .. plus its only happening on one website (that we know of) and also the anchor text is different so its not so bad .. personally I don't see it as a big deal .. as long as it not happening on 100 site or something and all the time ... whoever has the largest weight (Shawn probably) is bound to get their ad repeated here and there .. and I am sure as rotation continues you won't be seeing it on that site anytime soon .. heck I refreshed a few times and it didn't happen again.

payoutwindow, May 28, 2005 IP
  9. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I checked my site. It is not happening on my website with Shawns ads.... I refreshed his website though quite a few times and I saw it at least 30 times.

I saw hotel phunket on mine twice but that is all I saw.

ProductivePC, May 28, 2005 IP
  10. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    payout, i agree that it isn't horrible or anything, but rather a question as to why on this site only...

AfterHim.com, May 28, 2005 IP
  11. Cyber-SEO

Cyber-SEO Member

Best Answers:
    This should not be happening, no matter on what site or what ad. I think allowing only one URL to display for each page would be the best way to go.

No matter which way you look at it, from an SEO stand point or even from an Advertising network standpoint. Having 3,4, or even two ads looks too spammy.

You'll never see Google Ads or Yahoo Ads show more then one at a time :)

My 2 cents.

Cyber-SEO, Jun 2, 2005 IP