1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A suggestion for JavaScript forum

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ddevcodes, Nov 8, 2016.

Hello,
    I know, I'm a newbie on this forum, but it seems like JavaScript forum are missing some opportunities here. I see only JQuery sub-forum here. And actually, this framework is not used much nowadays. Right now most professionals use React, Angular, Aurelia frameworks and TypeScript language for web app development. I suggest to update this forum and add some new sub-forums for these frameworks. Right now I don't know where exactly should I create threads related to NodeJS or Angular, React, TypeScript, because these sub-forums does not exist.

Solved! View solution.
    ddevcodes, Nov 8, 2016 IP
    As they're javascript those threads belong in the javascript section. When we get enough people discussing those libraries we'll split them out into their own sections.

sarahk, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  3. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So you are saying that any topic related to TypeScript or NodeJS I should be created in JavaScript section? I'm just concerned a bit, about posting it all in the same place.

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You don't need to worry.

sarahk, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  5. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok then. I will try to post some tutorials on MEAN stack development. I haven't found any threads here discussing about it.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Tutorials generally don't belong in a discussion forum and if they are cut and paste from other sites (even if they're your own) they will be removed.

Digitalpoint is not an article directory.

sarahk, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  7. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was going to write my own code tutorials and examples to teach some new stuff. But if that's not permitted here, then I'm not going to do that :/

8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Uh, you sure about that? I think your numbers might be wrong. lol

Global jQuery usage at 16.5%: https://trends.builtwith.com/javascript/jQuery
    Global Angular usage at 0.1%: https://trends.builtwith.com/javascript/Angular-JS
    Global React usage at <0.1%: https://trends.builtwith.com/javascript/React
    Global Aurelia usage at <0.1%: https://trends.builtwith.com/javascript/Aurelia

In fact, jQuery is by far the most used JavaScript library of any type: https://trends.builtwith.com/javascript

digitalpoint, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  9. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course JQuery usage in web is quite high, because for a long time there was no other framework that could replace it. And some people that only know JQuery will stick to it, because they are afraid of change. But right now it's not used as much for new complex project development, especially if you are considering to make high performance web applications. I've been using jquery for about 7 years and I can tell that code on huge project looks terrible and gives you a headache to add or update features.

10. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm not saying it's the best, only that you saying it's "not used much" is wrong. :)

digitalpoint, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  11. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, my bad. I basically was talking more about the usage in progressive web app development. Not about simple web pages.
    Edit: BTW, those statistics are based on by what is used in all current web sites, not what developers right now are using to create new stuff.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure the internet marketers who use this forum are much into "progressive web app development" - they have limited content and rarely venture into anything more complicated than a shopping cart.

sarahk, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  13. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a new thing and internet is changing fast. In some time this won't be seen so complicated as it is right now, because marketers will also need to adapt.

14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Quite possibly, in the meantime the subforums are demand driven.

sarahk, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  15. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Also, there has always been alternatives to jQuery. The most popular one was probably MooTools. Personally I found it harder to work with, so I went the route of jQuery. However, Angular, React, Node et al is NOT the same thing as jQuery. jQuery is a replacement for regular javascript. It provides plugins and a different way of accessing the DOM, but is really just functionality built on top of regular javascript. React, Angular, and Node are completely different beasts, which do a lot more than jQuery does.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  16. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know what is the difference between them all. One JS forum section cannot cover it. That's why I asked about sub-forums in a first place :)

17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Clearly it can, because it is doing so at the moment. I wonder if digitalpoint is a bit more marketing oriented than what you are looking for? Maybe stackexchange is more your thing? or https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/angular

sarahk, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  18. hdewantara

hdewantara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Differs from the others, node.js is a server-side javascript.
    Right?

hdewantara, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  19. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's not true. You can do way more stuff than just build server-side on NodeJs. For example - you can build full desktop applications.

ddevcodes, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  20. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Node.js is a webserver - it can be used for a lot of things, but you still need to have the server running on your computer to utilize the functionality - unless they've done something new lately.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 9, 2016 IP