1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Simple Method Anyone Can Use To Get Steady Writing Clients

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by contentxpro, Feb 8, 2013.

Hi guys,

Thanks for visiting this thread, I hope you can all take something positive from it. Now I am not going to bore you with some useless fluff here, I'm simply going to give you an instant load-down of how I was able to land my first Private client who needed Articles from me like baaaadddd . . .Something that works!

First off,
    I am not the Normal Article Writing guy that keeps visiting websites for $2-3 writing jobs.
    My idea is that; If I could get a Private client who even pays me $5 per article ,I'm okay that way, since that's the best Repeat market I know of. . . .I can simply write quality articles and then I will sure have streams of more articles to write for a very long time . . .and even get a chance to increase my fees since my quality is still fine with my client. . I think that's what the whole word "Marketing" stands for . . . .

So, heads-up, let us go into it straightway;
    Step 1:
    Sig up for an account at SEOClerks.com. You may check around the site to learn one or two things the first day you sign up.
    Step 2:
    No time to throw around, Start Posting . . .
    Post an 'Article Writing ' gig that goes for $3-4 .Something cheap to draw attention to your service.
    Step 3:
    You don't have to write an encyclopaedia or a millionaire ad copy, just state what you can do, your Estimated Turn Around Time (shouldn't take you more than 2-3 days) and then number of words (400-500 is fine) . .
    Step 4:
    Start getting orders . . Depending on the time of posting your gig, you should be getting orders within hours flat . . yes, I mean it. . . .
    Step 5:
    What are you waiting for?
    Start completing orders, and one tip here is to deliver what your promised . . .If you won't be able to complete a job within the time frame, may be due to fatigue or weekend, let the buyer know first-hand and deliver like you promised.
    Step 6:
    After you must have delivered 4-5 jobs, this sounds like building a list, so you will contact them . . .Ask them about your order, what they feel about it, how you feel they can optimize it more (Blog, Article Directories and on and on).
    And then the SWEET PART . ..
    Tell them you can help them create more Unique content for less price;
    Like I did, if they ordered 5 articles or more, I will:
    1.Write the articles, 500 words each
    2.And Drive quality back links to them from Goarticles.com and YahooAnswers.com.
    That's all . . .
    I did this, and the next order was not a $3 article . . . Guess what???
    I got an order for 24 articles at $10 each to be completed in 2 months.
    >>>AN ADDITIONAL $240 in my SEOClerk.com account . . .
    Of course, I wanted to impress my buyer, so I delivered within 4 weeks (somehow late for me though).
    We discussed further after this, and then another 5 article orders came in.
    And the rest, as they say, is H I S T O R Y.

Not to worry,I might even have to come here to DP for more hands to get these jobs done, as I am getting my hands full already . . .

That will be all for now, I 'll very much welcome your doubts and inquiries;
    Regards,
    Contentxpro.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    contentxpro, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a great idea. I've never heard of seoclerks - will check them out.

qwikad.com, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  3. Julzwriter

Julzwriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $ 2-$ 3 writing gigs isn't very much different from $5 writing gigs

But I agree with you on the part about getting repeat clients without having to constantly
    go looking for them.

Julzwriter, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  4. StevenF50

StevenF50 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well if you are going to use this method then you should certainly use SEOClerks for it, don't use any others!

StevenF50, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  5. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not okay with that so the rest of your post doesn't interest me in the least.

So you get 'repeat gigs' that pay essentially nothing. At this rate, you would have to do five times the work you would have to do if you charged a decent rate of $25 or so per article to begin with. All you're 'repeating' is the habit of working yourself to death for what amounts to nothing, really.

I'll pass.

Senobia, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  6. Greg B

Greg B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Senobia here. In the U.S. that's not a living wage salary. It would be big money in third world countries but in the U.S. $240 over 2 months is absurd. It's inequitable. However there may be other ways to generate more capital from the site you posted if there are professional marketers there.

Greg B, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  7. Opoffers

Opoffers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is similair to fiverr's that take longer then an hour to complete. the only way to make money on fiverr really is to have something that takes 10-15 minutes to do a peice. If you go from 2-3 dollars and go to 20+ then you will loose people who are interested...they will just go to the new person who is offering 2-3 dollar articles. basically salve laboring yourself and you will get burnt out really quick

Opoffers, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  8. contentxpro

contentxpro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sure, you'd find your tour fascinating and rewarding . . . .Trust me!

Warmest regards,
    Dide.

contentxpro, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  9. contentxpro

contentxpro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The point I was trying to make is this: It really pisses me off to sign up with those sites that pay one peanuts to write for the clients, whereas you won't even have access to the end buyers and let them tell you what they think about your content . .
    A practical example: I once submitted a batch of 6 articles to one of my clients, she accepted them with a side note that I should try to pedal softly on my 'formality' tone in the articles. I simply thanked her and promised to work better and improve in the future.
    If it had been those sites, they will simply reject your submission outright, sometimes with no specific reason.
    This has created more 'aspiring' frustrated writers than necessary!

10. contentxpro

contentxpro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why not other sites, I only used this example because I have actually tried and repeated this system with SEOClerks . . .
    It's better to always walk the talk . . .if you know what I mean:

11. contentxpro

contentxpro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But the point is How many of your competitors are offering that fee per article.
    Well, if you are copy writing for more specific niches, you could get away with that, but charge $25 for web content, c'mon, give me a break . . .
    Guess we should face market realities here. . .

12. contentxpro

contentxpro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    This post primarily targets newbies and other aspiring IMers. . . No, you can't earn $10, 000 per day with this, but this will sure promise you a decent income.
    And also, I think I should chip in this here; we have so many frustrated IMers just because they treat IM as an opportunity, not a business!

13. contentxpro

contentxpro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You simply used those $3 articles to build trust and relationship, not profits.
    Your real profits come on the long term . . . This is a business, let's treat it as such . .

14. contentxpro

contentxpro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You simply used those $3 articles to build trust and relationship, not profits.
    Your real profits come on the long term . . . This is a business, let's treat it as such . .

15. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $5 per 500+ words writers are, by no means, my competition. I don't want the kinds of buyers they cater to. We're in totally different markets and if they are content to work for that price, I'm content to let them stay in their own 'market'.

Yes and those 'realities' are - some people in some markets do charge these rates (and more) and some buyers in some markets do pay these rates (and more). Your inability to land such gigs has no bearing on whether or not other people can - and do.

Senobia, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  16. Greg B

Greg B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Again I agree with Senobia but there's logic to the $1 per 100 words route. Like Contentxpro says about introducing yourself to the potential customers. Let's face it, 90% of them are looking for the cheapest they can get not realizing cheap means defeat. It's a hard lesson to learn and why so many start ups end up dying on the vine. You can tell people to buy quality even if it's at a higher price but it will go through one ear and out the other. Having an introduction price is a great way to prove yourself. If after several articles the client doesn't see your value and offers a reasonable price to pay, step off and get someone new.

You'll find quickly that clients will pay that extra because you've delivered quality. Believe you me, there will be no shortage of people needing writers anytime soon.

Greg B, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  17. Naroat

Naroat Peon

Best Answers:
    hI

Naroat, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  18. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

Which market? By posting on SEOClerks or similar gig sites, you're targetting a cheap, bottom-end client pool. If a client only wants to pay $3 per article, there is no possibility of earning more. If you provide quality output that's worth more, you're underpaid. And when you ask for more, they'll just switch to the next $3 provider because they don't give a crap about you.

Just because someone is new to freelance writing does not mean they deserve less pay. It just means they're generally more gullible and will believe things like $3 providing a decent income (which isn't true in the US, UK, CA, EU... unless you can churn out five or ten junk articles per hour).

Indeed, let's treat it as such: your income is $3 per article with a vague possibility of more. That's like trusting clients who say "may lead to more work". Where's the business sense? How do you calculate ROI on a "maybe"? Would you lend a business person money based on "perhaps"?

Ah, but there you've planned... your client knows they're paying a lower, introductory price to test your quality. They know they'll be at full price for future work. That's a significant difference because offering an intro price says "I know I'm worth $x but I'll let you try it out for $y so you can see just how much better it is than the other people" - that projects confidence, ability and business savvy, all in one.

All in all, the $3 gig route ONLY works if (a) you live somewhere with really low living costs and (b) you produce content that isn't worth more than that amount. Otherwise you're just screwing yourself in both the short and long run.

TIEro, Feb 11, 2013 IP