1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying A script to bunch-grab contents as images using a screenshot method

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sabin, Dec 29, 2015.

Howdy!

Honestly: I'm not sure if what I need would be easy enough to code while staying within the limits of an affordable budget (it's a side thing for me, I won't spend a fortune on it). Your call, coders :)

Long story short, I want a script to grab to my disk the contents of a protected online image reader only working in a web browser.

First protection is an https authentification: for which I can provide working login and password.

Second protection is data scrambling, no image actually exists in the web browser or in the cache, the image is gathered from separately delivered chunks using an unknown or non-understood method, clearly more complicated than just base64 encoding.

That online reader is known to periodically change how the images are "hidden", "delivered"... Which makes me believe the only working option is to cheat and resort to a method based on making a screenshot.

What the script would do: open the first page using the URL I would feed it, and then move on to the following page (the reader has next/prev html links, until the last page when there is no more "next" link), until the last page. Download all pages as screenshots, save as images, keep them in a directory on the hard disk with proper (numerically incremented) naming.

More details if needed ?
    - The native image resolution on the target reader is something like 1920x1260. Which means the script would have to "pretend" to use a browser with higher or at least equal window dimension, to capture non-shrunk-to-screen images.
    My own monitor and OS can't make better than 1920x1080, so it ought to be done within the script.
    If the script cannot cheat with a fake very high image resolution, then the image quality will be inferior, it would still be OK, at worst.
    - Windows 8 here, but I can run any Linux distro in a virtual machine and then all languages are OK, libraries can be added, as long as it's free languages or libs. Gnome-web-photo maybe?
    - I don't ask for a cute GUI, as long as I'm told what to do, I'm perfectly fine with - for instance - editing a default.json with a login-password and path values, or with running a script from a terminal in command line.

Can that be done ?
    If so, let's talk :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    sabin, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  2. .3rok3n

.3rok3n Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    Well i think the talk time should be charged as well, :p hey pal can you please share the source?

.3rok3n, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  3. sabin

sabin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Erm, the source of what ?

For more detailed info, you will have to send me a private forum message.

sabin, Dec 30, 2015 IP