1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A reliable, fast, secure and affordable web host for e-commerce?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by MArki, Sep 10, 2016.

This is what I'm looking for: a reliable, fast, SECURE and affordable web host for e-commerce.
    I've considered Web Hosting Hub after doing some research but I came across reviews about them not really "secured" so I'm hesitant about signing up with them. This would be my first time to make an e-commerce site. I'd be starting small but I plan to scale up and make multiple e-commerce sites eventually.

Could anyone please suggest a good web host that meets all the criteria I have listed above?
    If you are using one right now, I'd appreciate it if you could share your positive experience with them. And I'd appreciate too if you could mention web hosts to avoid.
    Thanks!

MArki, Sep 10, 2016 IP
  2. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what about typing your e-commerce CMS name into the Google search field and adding word "hosting"?

postcd, Sep 11, 2016 IP
  3. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Avoid EIG owned companies. They could be a hell in terms of support and resource hogs.

Few things to consider before choosing a hosting for eCommerce sites. Are they secure enough?

Well, security comes from two points:

1. Server (so, it's from the hosting provider)
    2. Website (the eCommerce script itself, so it's from you/developer)

There are certain aspects of maintaining a basic decent security level on a server. Good firewalls (both hardware and software) and anti threat measures (both real time and on demand) should be a concern when you are looking at a decent providers. Some provider will offer you both real time and on demand anti-malware measures. It comes in handy when your scripts are outdated/compromised.

An eCommerce script is not a typical PHP script. With a few plugins and themes it requires far more server resources (IO, RAM, CPU) to run. The more IO you have the faster your server will process the files of your website. You should also have adequate amount of RAM (both virtual and physical) and CPU. A server with intel server (Xeon) processors tends to offer better performance with multi-threaded operations.

You should also be looking at providers offering CloudLinux. It isolates each user into its own virtual environment so that issues from other users do not have any impact. It is the best OS that is designed to offer shared hosting, no point in not using it and offer shared hosting if you want to deliver a better experience as a host to your customers.

You should have an outbound email filter (such as SpamExperts). It will Keep your IP safe from being blacklisted in an event when a bad/compromised script starts to send out unsolicited emails. The major reason for an IP to be blacklisted is unsolicited emails.

Backup. You should always maintain your own periodic backup. But having a provider that offers a dedicated backup solution that is automated and stored on a different server for an extended period of time can be helpful. For example, R1Soft is an industry leader for backup for shared hosting. But some providers use it and store that backup for 7 days and a few store for 30 days. You should be looking at providers that offer 30 days.

These should be the primary concerns before choosing a provider for hosting your eCommerce sites. If you need any assistance or help, you are welcome to contact us at https://www.mechanicweb.com

MechanicWeb-shoss, Sep 27, 2016 IP
    MArki likes this.
  4. Harish Kumat Jha

Harish Kumat Jha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You Can Contact to Hosting Provider India For cheap and afordable Web Hosting

Harish Kumat Jha, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  5. Galperin

Galperin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What's your budget?
    Is location important for you?

Galperin, Nov 16, 2016 IP
  6. Lamorld

Lamorld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are some options available in the net that can provide you with the tools and information you need when formulating your hosting decisions.

Lamorld, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  7. Encopyho

Encopyho Peon

Best Answers:
    Hosting companies often oversell their servers which results in poor performance, constant setbacks and even in complete server downfall. There are many other issues you won't hear of until your account has already been activated and your credit card billed.

Encopyho, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  8. Slipworth

Slipworth Peon

Best Answers:
    How long has the web host been in business? Have they changed management/ ownership in that time or, more importantly, recently?

Slipworth, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  9. Accuratist

Accuratist Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    E-commerce sites is almost always heavy-loaded so simple shared hosts are not enough for this, I'd definitely suggest VPS.

Accuratist, Nov 21, 2016 IP